♡°•~𝙱𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚊 𝚂𝚊𝚠𝚢𝚎𝚛~•°♡

Y/N POV:

Ever since Bubba and I have been together Luda Mae seems to not have a liking towards me. I don't know what I did to that woman for her to hate me so much. I try to talk to her and all she does is walk away from me. Anyhow... Bubba has recently been having to do more work than usual. People have been passing by more and you know what that means...

Right now I'm out in the fields getting flowers. As I was picking the flowers and placing them in my basket I heard blood curling screams, I shrugged it off thinking that Bubba was doing his business. After a minute or two later I was walking back to the house with the basket of flowers in my hands. As I walk walking down the trail I got a funny feeling. Did something happen? Something seems off but I can't put my finger on it. I continued to walk but I saw Luda Mae on the floor, I was about to run to help her before two people came out of nowhere. I hid behind a tree seeing what was happening.

I crouched down and got a closer look at the scene before me. Luda Mae was on the floor and she was bleeding from the side of her head. Her eyes were closed shut and she was holding onto her side groaning in pain. I gasped a bit but covered my mouth with my hand.

"You old skank, you killed our friends. You know the freak who killed them!" The man yelled and kicked Luda Mae after saying that.

She let out a scream and starting sobbing. My heart broke seeing her like this.

"D-dont call him t-that ya good f-for nothing-g!!" Luda Mae yelled at the man but her voice broke at the end of her sentence.

An idea then popped in my head. I grabbe a rock that was infront of her and threw it. One of the guys heads turned to where I threw that rock.

"Hey man, im going to check it out. It might be that freak and I want to kill him myself." The guy grabbed onto an bat and walked away.

I gulped hoping that this doesn't go the wrong way.

"Now that he's gone I'm going to have fun with you." The man grinned down at Luda Mae.

He was about to throw a punch at her but I ran from behind him and hit his head with the rock in my hand. The man went limp and fell onto the floor. He began to bleed and it was forming a puddle. I looked down at Luda Mae and she looked at me. She looked confused, I was about to help her up before I got hit on my back. I fell down groaning in pain.

The man and I began to fight one another and I threw some blows at him. He got me pretty good though because when he punched my face I felt as though my body gave up on me. I fell onto the floor and stayed there. I pretend to be unconscious.

"Now that she's done It's your turn." After the man said that he lifted his bat up.

He was about to strike at Luda Mae but I ran with the little bit of energy I had and took the hit for her. He hit the side of my head causing numbness to spread all throughout my body. I collapsed onto the floor and everything sounded distant. I heard a chainsaw and soon after that I heard screaming. I felt someone pick me up but I passed out.
.
.
.
I woke up in my bedroom and I tried to get up but I groaned in pain. Memories of me saving Luda Mae rushed back into my head. I wonder how she's doing. Soon after the door opened and Luda Mae was there. She walked towards me and I saw that she had a bruise on her face a few cuts. She was holding a cup of water, and a bowl of fruit. She placed the food beside my bed onto the night stand and looked at me.

"I owe you an apology." Luda Mae spoke softly at me. I was surprised, normally she sounds mad.

"I haven't really treated ya right, I was always bein mean to ya and you didn't deserve that. I wanna thank ya for what ya did. Ya saved me." After spoke she looked into my eyes.

They held guilt and sadness. I held onto Luda Mae's hand and gave her a small smile.

Bubba then came rushing into the room and looked relived but he also looked upset.

"Bubba, Y/N saved me. She fought off those guys and took the hit for me. She's the reason why I'm not in bad condition." After Luda Mae said that Bubba's eyes widened.

He looked surprised, he knows that Luda Mae and I don't get along but his eyes softened when he saw that her and I were holding eyes.

"I'll leave ya now honey, get some rest and eat. Ya need the nutrients."

Once she left Bubba went towards me and wrapped him arms around me gently.

"Are you okay love?" His voice was gentle and soothing.

I loved having his strong arms around me, I felt safe.

"I'm fine." I whispered.

"You saved my mom, and I don't know what I would've done if I lost her. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you both I shouldn't-"

I cut Bubba off by kissing him.

"It isn't you're fault Bubba, none of it is." I looked into his eyes and I saw adoration in his.

Bubba then kissed me began and put his hand on my cheek and did like circles putting me at ease. Bubba went onto the bed besdie me and held on me. He played with my hair until I fell asleep.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too Bubba."