Chapter One; Prince Charming

Justin's POV

I sighed as I seated myself in front of my parents, my frown staining my lips as they went over things for my birthday preperations for next weekend.

I was beyond annoyed that I couldnt plan my own 18th birthday ball, and instead my parents were going to decide what goes on.

"An eighteenth is very important in one's royalness, it's a significant part to your maturaty into young adulthood," Dad said as he took a sip of red wine, smiling at me like the proud father he is, "The people in town would love to see you announce a marriage too, you know?"

"But I'm not sure I even want to marry yet, Dad." I groaned, slouching in my seat, "I haven't dated enough people and quite frankly, I prefer the boys over the girls."

"We understand that you are attracted to men, darling, and it would be most definitely a beautiful thing to support the LGBT community in Cornucopia." Mum smiled sweetly, "It is a Prince's responsibility to find someone fit enough to marry."

"How am I to meet someone if I'm stuck in the dumb palace all the time, can Harry show me around town?" I asked, hopeful that is.

I always loved going around town and taking in the scenery.

"Not today, we have birthday preperations, Justin." Dad said, "Now I'm thinking a blue themed party, yes?"

I groaned, "This isn't fair."

Jason's POV

"Move it." My step father growled as he shoved a mop and bucket towards me, "The hallway needs a wash."

I frowned, not protesting as I made my way to the hall and placing the bucket against the wall.

I'd spent all day cleaning, and truth be told I was tired and sick.

My fingers were swollen from scrubbing the windows, and walls with a tooth brush, which also meant my knuckles were bruised too.

Almost an hour later I had finished mopping the floors, and at that time the clock proved to be near dinner time.

I sighed softly, knowing I had to cook - and My step father always wanted mash potato with whatever meal he ate, so I have to peel potatoes.

I found myself fitting into my usual routine of preparing dinner, and the cooking it.

"Jaaaaaassssssoooon!" Zayn yelled as he ran into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I glanced at him in acknowledgement, stiring vegetables in the steaming water.

"Dad told me to go to you, but I need you to help me pick out an outfit for the ball this weekend?" Zayn took an apple and bit into it, before sitting on the bench and watching me cook.

He wasn't as bad as his father, and was quite nice compared to what his father expected of him; which I was kind of grateful for.

"Ball? What's the king and queen celebrating this time?" I asked curiously, turning the stove off.

"Just a pre-ball before Prince Justin's birthday ball... I reckon they're trying to get Justin to hit it off with someone. If ya know what I mean." Zayn wiggled his brows.

I smiled a bit and shook my head, "I'll help you tomorrow afternoon, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, you should ask Dad if you can come." Zayn smiled and bit into his apple again.

I forced a laugh, "I'm not allowed out of the house, Zayn."

"We could ask Dad for you." Louis suddenly walked in, "You cant stay in here forever, and how cool would it be to see the royals in the flesh?"

I frowned, "Please drop it." I sighed, "It's pointless, he'll say no and well, just, I don't know what I'd do at a ball anyway, I haven't even got the clothes for it, plus there's so much to be done here... No, I... well, uh dinner is ready anyway."

"Way to change the subject." Louis chuckled and walked out of the kitchen.

Zayn shook his head and smiled, patting my head, "You, my friend, need to loosen up."

If only it were as easy as it was said.

Author's Note; First chapter kinda shitty but yolo :)

♡♡

♡ Vote ♥ Review ♥ Fan ♡