Chapter Twenty; "Cant Find Him"

Jason

All I could do was sit and cry to myself in the corner of the room. I was so stupid to trust my step-father.

Now I'm going to miss out on Justin's birthday ball, and he's most likely going to announce a marriage to Prince Niall.

My life was pretty much completely over - well, it wasn't going to go any where anyway.

I sighed, shaking my head. I seriously can't keep being this pathetic...

I had no idea what time it was, no doubt it was close to the Birthday Ball's doors opening.

I covered my face with my hands and continued to sulk, drowning myself in negative thoughts. I felt doomed for all of eternity.

Justin will assume I hate him too much to even attend, which means a guard will come out to come get me; but they wont even find me, 'cause I'm stuck in this stupid room!

After at least an hour of my depressing situation, I finally stopped the tears, sitting up more.

The room was beginning to get dark and I let the fact that I wasnt going to the party sink in.

I looked around the room, frowning. It was filled with old furniture as well as some things that belonged to my deceased mother.

I wonder what she'd think of me if she were still around. She was my everything.

It sucked that I was left to live with the man she married after my father.

I huffed softly, imagining if she never met my step-father; instead she was single... or even if my father was still around.

The last anyone heard from my dad was that he was lost in war... a small part of me wonders if he was still alive...

Probably not. He went in to battle, few survived, and from all the bodies they found, he was not one of them.

Plus, its been at least five years since it all happened.... I think? I lose track on years.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep, shaky breath in. I tend to lose everyone I love...

Justin

I pursed my lips as the ball grew more and more crowded. People danced together, blissfully waltzing to the music played by the most respected musically talented people in our kingdom.

I sat on my throne seat, farthest to the left of my Fathers throne.

Despite it being my birthday, and the Ball being an absolutely crazy and full event, it was still missing someone.

"Have you seen the gift table? Its at least got two hundred presents!" Niall appeared in front of me, his eyes holding in a lot of excitement.

"I wont get to open them, you know?" I hummed, eying Niall.

"Really? That sucks. I never get birthday Ball's like this at my kingdom... My Father thinks its a waste, seeing as I'm not important." Niall ranted, but smiled.

"Why's he think that? He sent you here to marry me, did he not?" I rose a brow.

"He just wants to bind our kingdoms so he has one less war to worry about." Niall shrugged, "I was the only kid close enough to your age."

"I'm sure he loves you just the same." I assured, despite not understanding too much about his family.

"I'm not a knight, or the future king, or into politics... so me marrying you is like the last chance to actually make my Father proud." Niall licked his lips.

"Are you actually wanting that?" I murmured, not sure I could agree to do this... my heart is set on Jason. Wherever he is?

If he hasn't arrived, one of my guards should be getting him now...

"No." Niall shook his head, "I like someone else... but what can we do? I don't see Jason here... do we have a choice?"

I bit my lip, my stomach turning unpleasantly. If Jason doesnt come, I most definitely have to announce I'm engaged to Niall.

"Justin," Sylvester cleared his throat as he approached me with Arnold by his side.

"Is he here?" I perked up, hoping one of them brought Jason.

Arnold frowned, looking to the ground.

"We could not find him... his home was dark and nobody answered the door... we're afraid he won't be coming." Sylvester apologetically implied.

I felt my heart sink. Something wasnt right... where could he possibly be?

Author's Note;

Sorry for the wait but my data finally rolled over so I could update something! And I know this is short but I'm leading up to the final chapters now so I'm all distracted haha.

I'm officially 20 years old, omg! My birthday was on the 11th, so it's been well over a week haha. I'm so old 😭

How have you all been????