Chapter Six; A Royal Apology

Jason's POV

I sighed, scrubbing the floors with a groan. My back was killing me. I don't exactly know how many hours I'd been scrubbing away - but I still wasn't done yet.

I had to clean a lot more since my step-father brought an abundance of guests back last night after the ball.

In fact, the whole house was filled so much that people went out into the backyard just to fit.

I was so glad I made it back in time, but my step-father was beyond pissed off when I ran out of platters to hand out.

I winced at the memory of his anger, my cheek pulsing at the action he took.

I shook my head, ridding my thoughts of the night before.

It was a crappy night, and I'm glad its over.

It was peacefully quiet in the house, Zayn and Louis were out for the day, wanting to shop at the next town over - there was some sale or something that Zayn was adamant about going to. I doubt they'll be home until dinner.

My step-father was working today, and wouldnt be back until dinner either; so that meant I had privacy.

I could get all these chores done without interruption.

Knock-knock

I spoke too soon.

I pushed myself to my feet, grumbling under my breath as I limped slightly to the door.

Goddamn my back.

I opened the door, furrowing my brows at someone standing there, their face blocked off with the flowers, chocolates and teddybears they were holding.

"Um, may I help you?" I asked, completely confused.

"I have a delivery from the palace." The voice behind the gifts said.

"Er, okay?" I said, wondering if Zayn or Louis won something.

Was there a raffle or something? I dont remember one...

"Here." The boy said, suddenly handing me it all.

I gasped, trying to keep hold of everything.

"Here's the card. Goodbye." The boy slipped the card under one of my fingers.

"What?" I groaned, stumbling back before kicking the door shut.

I dropped everything on the ground, cringing at the mess it made.

There was too much.

I sighed, looking at the card and widening my eyes.

'Jason'

This was for me? Why?

I swallowed, "He's fucking buying me off to keep my mouth shut." I blurted to myself, that ignorant prince!

I sighed, opening the letter.

'Dear Jason,

Last night was horrible; I in no way shape or form wanted you to be uncomfortable, and I feel horrid about it.

As an apology, please accept these gifts. There are some really delicious treats, I hope you enjoy them. And some stuffed bears too, because, well, they're cute just like you.

And the flowers, just another way to say sorry.

I know it's not enough to apologize for stealing your first kiss; but I'll make up for it somehow.