Chapter Three; Pre-Ball

(above/side outfit for pre-ball)

Jason's POV

I was terrified to ask my step-father if I could go to the ball - but he seriously couldn't tell me no because, well, I have an Order Of Attendance slip.

"Why do you look like you're guilty?" Louis hummed as he ate an apple.

I was currently helping him with his outfit for the ball tonight, I was also helping Zayn too, but I was distracted because of the stupid pink slip - that guy was such a jerk, ugh.

"I'm not," I mumbled, tying Louis laces on his dress shoes, since he absolutely hated tying them himself.

"My hair is a disaster, can you fix it now?" Zayn asked me, his voice stressed as he tugged at his collar, "I need to look perfect for the Prince."

"Pfft, The Prince will be too focused on my sexy ass before he even glances your way, Zaynie." Louis grinned, biting into his apple and grinning.

"Just a second," I breathed, rubbing my sore fingers together, before rushing over to Zayn to help him.

As well as being stressed myself, I was also extremely tired - I barely slept because I stay up late cleaning and preparing food for the morning. I didnt eat unless it was left overs, I didnt get any breaks either.

I worked my ass off 24/7, and thinking about the ball tonight made my skin crawl nervously.

Curse the day my own father left the country for the stupid war with other countries, and curse my mother for marrying Mr. Tomlinson before she passed away.

"I asked Dad if you could come," Zayn told me as I grabbed the hair gel and shakily opened the top, dipping my fingers into the slimy substance, before running my hands through Zayn's hair.

"I don't think its a good idea to ask - he'll say no, I've got so much work to do here... No doubt you'll be bringing an after party back here, I've made platters and so for when that happens.... even pre planned all the drinks too." I rambled, mostly to myself to make sure I've done what I needed to do, "No doubt the bathroom needs to be cleaned again." I whispered to myself, spiking Zayn's hair into a quiff style.

"He said you can go once you finished your nightly chores, but the problem is you have to clean the gutters on the roof," Zayn spoke, "And rake the backyard, as well as dust the cobwebs from every corner of the house... thats pretty much it."

I sighed deeply, pretty much beginning to tug harshly at Zayn's bloody perfect dark locks of hair. Do this, do that.

I just want to rest, for goodness sakes.

"Ow," Zayn whined, "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, uh, is there anything else I need to do?" I wiped my hands on a tissue, before discarding it in the bin in Louis and Zayn's room.

"Nope, we're good, better get started so you can come tonight." Louis hummed, laying down on his bed in his outfit, still chewing on his apple.

I looked to Zayn and he nodded at me.

I sighed, walking out of the room and began the chores.

Srarting with the cobwebs, before raking the leaves, and then onwards to do the gutters.

Justin's POV

"Prince Justin, would you please stop moving!" Harry demanded, trying to get me to sit still while my hairstylist fixed my hair.

I sighed dramatically, "But I want to see the hall - I wonder what sort of food has been set out for us." I smiled, "Maybe a chocolate fountain?"

"The royal taste tester is trying each item before you do, now please calm down. You need to make a respectful entrance, the ball is beginning in an hour." Harry explained.