Chapter Nine; Plagued Thoughts

Justin

I smiled happily as I fell onto my bed, dazed and relaxed. I was trying to think of something to do; but it was late and I could only anticipate the next time I would see Jason again.

Yesterday was the best day ever; and that's saying something.

I'm the prince after all, and I get to experience some amazing things. But spending the day with Jason, something felt absolutely magical about it.

I hope he didnt realize how jealous I got when that masseur had his hands all over him. No offence, probably a decent guy, he just shouldnt be touching my man like that.

My man?

Am I falling in love? No way. I just have a crush.

I sighed, scrunching up my nose at all these thoughts. I didnt want to worry myself. God no. I cant stand to have stress lines form.

I was too good looking for that - no intention to be self centered, oops.

Soft knocks interrupted my down time, so I sat up, "Come in?"

Harry walked in with a frown on his lips, "Prince Justin, your parents have returned and wish to see you."

I furrowed my brows. They told me they'd be a few days - its only been one? Not even that.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, worried.

"I'm not sure I can answer that, your highness." Harry said softly, "Please hurry."

I quickly got to my feet, following Harry to my parents throne room.

Only important meetings take place in there; so something has to be very serious.

"Father?" I quickly asked, pushing my way into the room, "Mother?"

My parents sat at their throne, firm look on their faces as I respectfully bowed, standing in front of them.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, worried at their more than serious expressions.

"Justin," My father spoke up, "Your birthday is merely fourteen days away, yes?"

I nodded, "Yes, you know that." I furrowed my brows confused.

"There must be a marriage announcement." He said, "We have recieved word from the kingdom of Heathen, and they are unsure whether this kingdom could be trusted enough if our son is not betrothed soon."

"But father, fourteen days isn't long enough-" I found myself arguing, "I'm not ready for marriage."

"Do you not understand!" My dad suddenly shouted.

I felt attacked. Why is this so important? Who cares about our friendship with Heathen? They're rude... loud... and well, whenever their people visit, they make a mockery of my family.

"If they have no faith in our future king, they will go to war with us." My father announced.

I could hear gasps come from people of the palace, all of them concerned.

I looked to my mother, begging her to tell my father that this was too much for me to take.

But she simply bowed her head and nodded with my father, agreeing with him.

"Did you meet anyone at the ball? Someone who interests you?" My father sighed, expectant.

I wanted so badly to say Jason; I would pick him to be the one... as crazy as that sounded - but my stomach dropped realizing I couldnt.

Jason was a servant. Servants were not allowed to marry royal blood.

My heart was shattering at this.

"No, father." I croaked, "I havent met anyone."

"Then its settled." My father sighed, and it only made me more confused, "You will have to marry the Prince of Heathen."

I gaped, "What!?"

Is he insane!?

"Think of the kingdom." My father simply said, "You are excused."

"This is crazy! I will not marry him!" I barked at my dad, before Arnold grabbed my arm.

"Take him to his room." My father ordered, and I was dragged out.

I growled, "Let go of me!"

Arnold shook his head, pushing me into my toom while Sylvester stood behind him.

"This is insane! I need to talk to him! Both of you need to move!" I yelled at them.

Arnold frowned, "Justin, you know the rules. Your father is the king."

"I dont want to marry that serpent of a Prince! I dont want to marry him!" I shouted in anger, trying to leave the room.

They blocked me.

"Well you cant marry the sevant boy either," Sylvester stated, "Its best you break all ties with him now."

"No! I will not!" I spat.

"Its for the best. Making Jason fall for you is not fair." Arnold said, stepping back, "Do not lead him on, he has enough issues, dont you think?"

With that, my bedroom door was shut.

My heart pounded against my chest as my eyes filled with tears.

Was I also being banned from Jason?

This world is unfair and unkind and ugh!

I turned the lights off, rushing to my bed so I could cry quietly.

I wasn't so upset about being married anymore; the more that worried me was the fact that maybe I won't ever see Jason again.

I hadn't known him very long, but he gave me happiness that I never knew existed.

I'm just a silly Prince crying over a servant, what on earth is wrong with me?

AN; I know this is short but I just wanted to update since I'm absolutely in love with my new cover hahah 😂😂😂 I didn't make it, a friend did but its so so good omg

Btw, talk about a plot twist. Do you hate me yet?