Chapter Twenty-Two; All It Takes Is Love

Justin

My heart felt broken as I stood in front of the people of Cornucopia, all expectant-like as they stared at me. Just as my parents were about the announcement.

I was nervous to announce an engagement with someone I dont love... moments before everyone qas gathered, Niall was expressing to me how he wasnt so sure if it was a good idea.

As much as he wants to please his family, he's hesitant about this. I dont even blame him.

As the crowd made sure their focus to me, I knew it was my turn to make a speech. My father, decided to take that attention to himself suddenly, which was slight relief on me.

I wasnt ready to announce it.

"I, on behalf of the royal staff, and family, would like to thank you all for joining us in celebration of Prince Justin's 18th birthday." My father smiles at the crowd, "Prince Justin is grateful we could share this moment with our people."

I sighed, eyes locking down onto the table before me. I cant believe I have to go through with this.

"The catering was cooked to perfection, so a deep graditude to the chef, and his kitchen-hands." My father chuckled as he listed off a few people, who helped make this night happen, to thank.

I felt like this speech was going to drag on, which I was hoping for - unfortunately fate is not that kind.

"Now, Prince Justin has something else he would like to share before we all continue to dance the night away." My father grinned.

Alright. Now its definitely my turn.

"It is with..." I stuttered awfully, "Uh, it is with great pleasure I am able to announce my engagement with you all tonight..."

I was beginning to get a little choked up. Im betraying Jason so much. I wanted him to be here so badly, but he never showed up... my eyes were almost leaking tears.

"I will be marrying Prince Niall, of the Heathen Kingdom... we have fallen in love over the passed few days," I kept a forced small smile in my face, beginning to look up at the crowd, "and I believe he's the one for-"

In the midst of lying straight out of my teeth, my eyes locked onto a familiar face... that of one that belongs to Jason.

His head was down, and he was glaring at the ground in frustration.

My voice felt like it had been drained from me, as well as my emotions haulting completely.

He was here? How long has he been here?

"Wait!" Niall suddenly interrupted, surprising everyone, "I dont want to marry Prince Justin!"

I gasped in shock, as did the crowd, and our parents.

"I dont love him... and he doesnt love me." He looked to me, "I cant let the fact I'm a prince determine who I fall in love with... and I found someone... you have too."

"What is the meaning of this?!" My father demanded, "Justin, I want an explanation! You are in love with someone? Who? Why have you not said anything?"