Chapter Two; Do Your Parents Know?

Justin's POV

"Wow, the town looks absolutely beautiful." I gasped as I stared out of the window in my carriage, staring at the houses and little shops and stalls along the streets.

The stone made road made the place seem like a friendly atmosphere and the smell of freshly baked goods made me moan in delight.

Harry frowned, "You are absolutely certain you are allowed to join me this afternoon to ask the people who'll be attending the pre-ball and birthday ball?"

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off, "Dad said it'd be fine." I lied.

My parents had no idea I'd left the castle - they're too busy with their royal stuff to even notice their eldest son is out and helping with the guest list.

I'll have to bribe Harry afterwards into silence, which shouldn't be too hard because the last thing he wants is to be in the bad books with the King and Queen of Cornucopia.

"First we'll invite the Upper class side of town, before we go to, middle class... I advise for your safety we stay clear of the lower class..." Harry hummed as he wrote on some clipboard woth an ink pen, "some of them are crooks and theives... His Royalness would most definitely be in danger."

"Dont be rude, everyone should be allowed to go to a royal ball... its highly unlikely Me or my parents would be in any danger when there are two gigantic guards guarding each of us, am I right, Arnold and Sylvester?" I popped my head out the window and smiled at the two guards riding their horses beside my carriage.

Arnold and Sylvester rolled their eyes, but nodded.

Those two absolutely despised me at times, but as their Prince I've forced them to love me.

~

"Can you not?" Harry huffed, glaring at me as I exited the carriage and skipped to the front door of the next house we arrived at.

This had to have been the 150th house we've come to today, and every single one I insisted om being the one to ask if the people were interested in showing up to the Pre-Ball and Birthday Ball.

We were in the middle class at the moment, and sadly I wasnt going to be allowed to ask anymore people after this street since Harry insisted we get home before dinner - Jerk.

I grabbed the door knocker and knocked loudly four times. Harry winced, holding his clipboard and sighing whilst Arnold and Sylvester stood directly behind me - those two were so tall it made me look like a damn koala.

"Get the door, Jason!" A voice boomed, causing me to jump.

It had obviously come from upstairs, and echoed as if it were in a bathroom or toilet.

"They should invest on thicker walls." Arnold snickered in his Austrian accent.

Syvester let out a chuckle as the door opened, revealing a boy around my age maybe, standing in rags.

Must be a servent?

I smiled at the pale boy, enjoying the fact his blue eyes were dazzling, "Hello person of Cornucopia!" I cheered in a unprofessionally annoying voice, "I, on behalf of-"

"If this is some debt collection, Mr. Tomlinson insists you go straight to the bank and deal with the matter," The boy cut me off. Rude and Sassy, much?

"Is that any way to speak to-" Harry began but I cut him off.

"No, that is quite silly, I'm here to invite The Tomlinson's to the Pre-Ball and Prince's birthday Ball," I licked my lips, "I'm sure you'd say yes to coming as well?"

"I'm not allowed... but my step-fath- I mean, Mr. Tomlinson, and his two son's are sure to show up for both. They wouldn't miss a royal ball if they were paid." He sighed, rubbing his baggy eyes tiredly.

"Nonsense, the royals will simply be offended if you did not show up... You know what, I personally will see to it that you come." I grinned.

"I don't think that's a good idea-" He began.

"Your name is?" I ignored him, grabbing the clipboard from Harry and grabbing a pink slip, which was also a 'Official Order Slip' which is pretty serious shit if you ask me.

You literally cannot deny these, or the guards will come find you and drag you to do whatever is written down.

"Jason McCann?" He eyed me suspiciously.

I hummed, writing down what I needed to, "Here you are," I picked up the paper and licked the stick back, before slapping it on his forehead, "Don't make me send the guards, Jason." I turned on my heals, grinning triumphantly as I was led back to the carriage.

"You know you're not supposed to write slips for the hell of it." Harry groaned, sitting across from me once in the carriage.

"Hey, What a Prince wants, what a Prince gets. and what I want is to see that lil cutie attending the royal Balls." I smiled.

"He's a servant, Justin... you cannot marry a servant." Harry scolded.

"I can dream, cant I?" I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

Who says I have to marry him anyway? I can at least fool around?

I find him attractive, it's not some pathetic love at first sight crap.

♡ Vote ♥ Review ♥ Fan ♡