Chapter Twenty-Three; Spill The Tea

Jason

I leant into Justin, nerves eating at my skin as things began to unravel.

With my step-father pinned down by Sylvester and Arnold, and currently being placed under arrest, I began to fear for any sort of future I had coming my way.

I didnt have much of one beforehand, I was sure Id spend all my days cleaning up after my step-father.

And now, my step-father was being man-handled by two of the biggest guys in the building. I then began to fear what would happen to him.

Despite the mistreatment he placed upon me, my mother did love him when she was alive... and Im sure this is not how she would want this to end.

Justin must have noticed my worried expression, pulling me into his arms in a tight embrace.

"Father, I cannot marry Niall." He stated loudly, earning silence from the chatter-filled crowd.

I allowed Justin to hold me as he made it clear that he was not going to marry the blonde prince.

"And what? You want to marry him?" King Jeremy questioned, stepping towards us, "I do not know him."

"You can get to know him." Justin glared at his father defensively.

King Jeremy then looked to Queen Patricia, both sharing looks of concern.

"I'm afraid there a rules against royal members marrying servants..." King Jeremy hesitantly spoke, eying me.

My face flushed in embarrassment, I wasnt dressed very appropriately for a ball. I regret not reminding myself there were clothes in that room I was in.

The sizes may have been big, but I am literally dressed in rag-looking clothes.

"I dont care what he is under royal code." Justin spat, holding me closer than before some how, "He is so much more than that in my heart."

"Justin?" I gaped, my eyes filling with tears.

Does he honest to god mean that?

"Sweetheart." Queen Patricia cooed, grabbing onto the kings arm with a wide grin.

"I suppose that is an old rule..." King Jeremy murmured.

"Just tell them I'm not a servant." I whispered directly towards Justin, unsure why he didnt tell them.

Justin shook his head, "Indeed it is an old rule... one that shouldnt interfere when someone is in love."

The room grew silent once again, the King shared a look with the royal committee, before staring around at everyone.

It seems as though he was undecided about something.

"The ball is over." The King announced, "Take that man to the dungeons, everybody may take whatever food left overs home, and a gift bag. But I want you all out of my Castle in exactly five minutes. Go."

Everyone began running around to grab their things, as well as the food and gifts. The king had sounded so demanding and dominant, nobody dared tell him no.