Chapter Sixteen; "Bless The Prince"

Justin

I sat outside the front of the castle, my back perched against the bench as I day dreamed.

I was just trying to wrap my head around why Jason would lie to me; and all that did was make my heart ache.

I liked him too much; maybe I freaked him out?

I shouldn't be surprised. People only put up with me because I'm a Prince - its not like anyone thinks I'm all that.

"Sir, it's going to rain. Come inside." Arnold cleared his throat, seeing as he was standing not too far away.

I could never leave a foot outside the castle without someone and it honestly sucked.

At least I had privacy in the castle, I suppose.

I rolled my eyes, "I want fresh air."

"We cant risk you getting sick. Not long until your birthday, Prince." He shook his head, making it clear I had to go inside.

I got up and dragged my feet slowly - I was probably going to end up annoying Arnold with my mopiness.

Oh well, my life was being controlled by everyone, annoying people is just my way of having some fun.

Despite my attempts, Arnold didnt act offended or annoyed that I was trying to be a brat, instead he just walked me inside and took me to the library.

"You should enjoy the afternoon in here, it's peaceful and quiet." Arnold smiled at me, "You need to relax."

"Why?" I pursed my lips, "I should be busy."

"You havent been yourself lately." He sighed, "I think you should unwind a little. Read a book, play a game."

I sighed, "I have a lot of things on my mind, okay? I'm sorry."

Arnold nodded, "I get it... you need to sort things out... I'll give you some space."

Once he was out of the library, I sunk into one of the couches, trying to think of something to do to pass the time.

I didnt exactly want to rake my mind at this second with all my problems. I just wanted a distraction.

Jason

I took a deep breath, making my way into the castle nervously. The entrance was a large room, surrounded by guards - thankfully they had no reason to see me as a threat and let me inside.

I was glad they allowed visitors to come in and request things. Not a lot of kingdoms do that.

I hoped they werent going to kick me out of here for requesting what I'm about to.

I managed to sneak out today seeing as my step-father was absolutely pissed and distracted with legal forms to try and get Louis out of the trouble he's in.

Zayn was ignoring me, busy helping his father with those forms.

I knew I had to find Justin and try and get the story behind what was going on, and if he'd let whatever Louis was charged with slide.