Chapter Eighteen; "The Day Before"

(If you cant read the last chapter its probably because theres smut and sometimes wattpad hides it idk but its there in case you didnt know)

Jason

It wasnt a surprise when Louis was finally freed from the dungeons and welcomed home by a huge party thrown by my step-father.

I was working hard with handing out drinks and snacks to all the obnoxious and rowdy guests while my step-family lapped up all the attention.

Louis was surprisingly ignoring my existence, as well as being a little absent minded even with all the attention he had.

Louis usually loved the attention he got, but he was quiet and more than once would stare off and smile to himself.

It was weird.

My step-father seemed relieved to not have to deal with any legal forms now that Louis was free, he even started the night by throwing all the paper in the fireplace.

I was getting a headache with all the loud chatting and music playing as I maneuvered through guests to hand people drinks and food.

I also cringed when I stomped my foot too hard on the ground - it sent too much vibration to my very sore bottom.

Yeah, I was a little sore after spending half a night with Justin; it was the best few hours of my life - but God, I'm completely and utterly annoyed with what he did.

He was ignorant and so close minded. He acted out of anger and he could have risked everyone hating him for his wrong decision.

I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, cringing again as I looked up to see my step-father, crap.

"You need to smile more," He snapped, not at all saying it in a friendly manner, "Guests dont want a pouty servant, do they?"

I felt my fists clench the drink tray, refusing to look back at him. Justin now knows I'm not a servant, but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop being treated as one. Especially by my step-father.

I forced a smile before looking up to him again, "Yes sir. I understand."

"Good. Now, off you go. Dont leave the guests waiting." He pushed me slightly, before dispersing into a group of people.

I sighed, shaking my head.

-

"Want another?" I mumbled to Louis, offering him a glass of wine while he sat in the corner of the room, by himself.

He looked up at me and hummed, "You look tired?" He grabbed a glass, nodding his head for me to sit down.

I rose a brow, but didnt give up this extremely rare opportunity to get off my feet. If I could, I'd probably fall asleep wherever I could lie down the fastest.

I was tired, he was right.

"You seem different... the dungeon changed you." I noted, careful as I spoke because I didnt want him to be offended.

Louis simply smiled, "You're the first to notice - well, say something."

I shrugged, rubbing my legs a bit, "... were they cruel?" I asked softly, worried that they treated Louis horribly - especially since Justin had put him in there due to his hatred for them.

I hoped not, I hoped they didnt give him a horrible experience. Just because he hasnt treated me the best does not mean he deserves what happened to him.

"At first," Louis shrugged and smiled, "Then I made a friend and he snuck me some really good food. Great guy." Louis chuckled a bit.

I bit my bottom lip, "Oh... are you okay? I mean, after everything-"

"Yeah. I've never been better. Thank you for that." Louis licked his lips.

I widened my eyes, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because your boyfriend told me about you two... and I now know I deserved it-"

"Louis you did not deserve that!" I bursted, freaking out a little - oh god, he's talked to Justin and now he'll hate me more.

"Yes I did... I mean," Louis shook his head, "I was a prick. I guess I liked having someone always pick up my mess and kinda fall at my feet if I needed it. I'm very selfish, you know?"

"You arent, Louis. I had no idea he would do that." I frowned, "Please forgive me-"

"Forgive you?" Louis furrowed his brows, "Sometimes you can be very naïve."

I looked at him confused. How am I naïve?

"Jason, spending those few days in the dungeon made me realize how poorly my father makes my brother and I treat you. You shouldnt put up with that." Louis murmured, "Its not what your mother would want."

"Dont mention my mother, Louis." I frowned, "Please."

"Sorry," Louis sighed, smiling, "Anyway, your boyfriend had great intentions. You're lucky to have him."

"I dont have him, Louis. He and I are-" I paused, not sure what we even were now... I gave him my innocence, then left because he made an ignorant decision.

"His birthday ball is tomorrow, you're going right?" Louis smiled, poking me, "You both couldnt possibly be over, right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Louis, he's going to announce a marriage to the Prince of Heathen's, plus he had you locked in the castle dungeon. Im doing the same as you."

"Good, 'cause I'm going." Louis grinned, "You have to come too."

"No. After what he did to you?" I frowned shaking my head at Louis.

Why the hell would he go? If I were Louis I'd hate him... and me.

"He released me and said that our family - the whole lot of us, need to go. You have to, Jason." Louis nudged me, "Which reminds me."

I watched as Louis reached in his pocket, pulling out a folded piece of paper.

"What is that?" I furrowed my brows.

"Prince Justin asked me to hand you this. Almost forgot until now." Louis handed me the paper, licking his lips.

I opened it up and my stomach felt like it did a complete flip.

'Order Of Attendance for; Jason McCann
To attend; Prince Justin's Birthday Ball
Signed; Prince Justin xo'

That stupid Prince once again has my heart beating like crazy...

I felt my lips twitch up into a smile; but I still expect an apology.

Author's Note; guytysssss this story is gonna end soon 😭😭😭😭 its gonna actually end really soon and I am so proud that I've actually almost completed a book haha thanks for all the reads and votes so far xx about four to six more chapters left xx

So soon, I know.