Chapter Twenty-One; Bippity Boppity Boo, Baby I Got You

Jason

Wiping another useless tear from my heated face, I paced around the smallest area of the room that I was able to somewhat see.

My thoughts were overpouring, and I knew this was the part where I just completely give up on myself and all possible happiness for my future.

My step-father had officially succeeded in single-handedly destroying my life. I wonder if it would make him happy again; he thinks of me only as a burden.

I knew Justin would probably be ending his party soon, well, at least the nights ending toast.

I felt more torn apart at the thought of never being able to see Justin again. He was literally the only happiness I had in this world... and I pushed him away.

Why? Why didn't I take him up on his offer to run away while I had the chance?

No doubt I would be on the kindom's most wanted, but at least I would have had time to spend with Justin. One on one. Let outselves be free without restrictions.

We both had people who controlled our lives, and I suppose thats why we are good together... well, why I am fond of him anyway.

Admist my distressed pacing, and constant tear wiping, I had barely noticed the sound of the door handle being twisted back and forth.

If it wasnt for the groan, I swear I would have completely missed it.

I jumped out of my skin - not literally, genius - staring towards the door.

My step-father couldnt possibly be back already? He parties late... unless he brings the party home with him...

But thats unlikely, seeing as he would have kept me in the kitchen to prepare so he looked like he was his own kind of king. He had a huge ego.

He always has, at least from when I had met him. It wasnt as bad at the beginning, very evident, but it wasnt this big.

While I panicked, the door jiggles discontinued for a moment, things then grew eerily silent.

"H-Hello?" I called out.

No reply... maybe they left?

"Anybody out there?" I called louder, somehow finding a little courage to do so.

"Jason?" A voice called back almost immediately, making me jump.

I couldnt determine the voice as it was muffled with the door between us, but it sounded concerned.

A spark of hope ignited within me, and I couldnt bite my tongue.

"HELP! HE LOCKED ME IN HERE! GET ME OUT!" I shouted with as much strength as I could possibly muster, running towards the door blindly in the pitch darkness, knocking things over, and tripping twice in the process.

"Jason!? Hold on, give me a sec!" The voice pounded on the door a bit, the vibrations hitting my hand as I placed it flat-palmed to lean against it.

"It needs a key!" I informed whoever on the outside.

"Well, duh." They sarcastically replied, earning a roll of the eyes from me, "I'll smash it open. Give me a minute to get something!" The voice explained, heavy running steps following after.