Chapter Nineteen; Happy Birthday

Justin

I grumbled tiredly, a pool of drool soaked into my pillow, leaving a drenched wet feeling on half my face.

I huffed, rubbing my face slowly, my eyes opening a little as I began to wake up.

As soon as my eyes adjusted, I quickly noticed balloons and a few gifts. Someone had placed them beside the bed neatly, and it looked wonderful.

I half smiled, pushing myself to sit up.

Today was it. I was finally eighteen.

"Prince!" Knocks came from my bedroom door, "May I come in?"

I knew who it was just by the voice, "Of course, Harry!" I replied, deciding to stand up.

"No, sit-sit-sit!" Harry rushed into the room, pushing me to stay seated on the bed, "Happy birthday!" He smiled.

"Thanks, but I think I should get up-" I tried to once again get out of bed, but Harry was having none of it.

He clapped his hand, soon enough, the castle's Chef entered my room, followed by the royal taste tester.

I notcied a tray of food in the Chef's hand, "Oh, breakfast in bed?"

"Your parents requested it." Harry said happily, "They're going to be extremely busy with the ball preparations, but they'll see you before you make an entrance."

I took a deep breath, sighing out, "I almost forgot... it's gonna be a big night."

I realized how huge tonight was going to be. Everything is going to be falling into place, I have to make a speech, everything seemed so serious and important.

I couldn't disappoint my parents.

As the taste tester tried to food, Harry began to read from his note pad.

"So, they expect you to announce an engagement tonight after you cut before you cut the cake." Harry told me, scribbling something down, "Prince Niall will be standing beside you, so maybe when you announce the engagement, seal the end of it with a kiss?"

I cringed at the thought, there's no way I'm kissing Niall... that's not at all how my plans for tonight is going to go.

"I'll blow you all away with a wow, I assure you, Harry." I mumbled, the chef finally handing me my breakfast.

"Good, good." Harry hummed.

-

"Are you enjoying your special day so far?" Niall grunted out, as we circled the outside of the castle.

It was the afternoon, and we were spending it riding our horses.

I shrugged, glancing over at him as I held tightly on the reigns, "It could be better..."

"Is that implying you'd prefer the company of Jason? Your little boyfriend?" Niall half smirked.

I rolled my eyes a little, "Jealous?"

"No. He could still be pissed off at you, which might jeopardise this whole lovey dovey reconnection at the ball." Niall pointed out, raising his brows.