Why are we different?

"I find it hard to let go and give up on you."

"Why the fuck am I here?" He asks pulling away from me.

"I don't know, no of us know." I say. "Tomorrow, we will give you a tour, because as you can see it's time to sleep."

"Where do you sleep?" He asks but by the looks of it he already knows the answer to the question.

"I sleep with Newt." I tell him softly. Newt squeezes my hand and when I turn to face him I give him a smile before turning back to Four he looks confused.

"Four? you okay?"

"Eh, can I talk to you? In private?" I was confused myself but I nodded and unlinked my fingers from Newts before dragging Four into the deadheads. I don't know how, but I knew where I wanted to go. "How the fuck can you see?"

"I can't." I tell him as I carry on walking. Finally, we get there. It's at the back of the deadheads where two walls meet.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask as I turn to face him. The moon was behind his head and It casts a weird shadowy look across his face, his eyes look darker than usual.

"Why do you call me Four?" He asks.

"Because, that's your name."

"No it isn't." He denies shaking his head.

"It isn't?" I ask confused. My dreams were wrong? "Then what Is it?"

"Tobias." And with that, I'm having another flashback, it was too late to tell Fo-Tobias what was happening, or to grab hold of him so he could see it too.

"Why are we in abnegation?" I ask a broad back, Fo-Tobias turns around to face me.

"This is where you find out my real name." He says as we walk into what looks like a front room, it looks so familiar.

"Tobias." A new voice says and we whip our heads around to see a gradually aged man around about in his 50's walk towards us, belt in hand. All of a sudden, there was many of them. They was all surrounding us, all carrying belts.

"This is for your own good." One of them says and goes to hit Tobias, I jump in front of him and raise my hand so the impact will hit me not Four. The belt wraps around my arm and biting back the pain, I pulled back the belt out of his grasp before hitting him with it. Nobody hurts Four. The man stands up and goes to punch me and as I brace for it, it never came. I hear a hard thud on the ground and open my eyes to see Four had punched the man to the ground. That man was his dad, I remember.

The memory finishes and I snap back to the bow and I see Four on the floor opposite me gasping for air.

"You saved me, you saved me from getting hurt. Why?"

"I can't remember Four." I say, shaking my head.

"My names isn't Four, it's Tobias." He growls but then it felt like we was going to have another memory, another one?

"Most of the time I work in intelligence, but during your training I'll be your instructor. My names Four." Tobias said, I knew his name was Four. But why does he have two names?

"Four? Like the number?" Christina says next to me dressed in black and white, I look down at myself and see that I was wearing grey like when I had chosen dauntless, just without my cardigan I had on. What happened to it?

"Yeah, exactly like the number." Four says smiling, I feel a pang of jealousy so I look over to a group of three people, all dressed in black and white. There was only one girl and she wasn't pretty by any means. The next boy had soft brown sleek hair but something about him put me off. My attention was turned back to Christina who I think had just went to Four and said some smart ass remark like 'What happened? One, two and three taken?' Four walked over to her and stopped inches away from her face.

"What's your name?" He asks her, scarily calm.

"Christina." She manages to say, voice Barely a whisper.

"Well, Christina. First lesson you learn from me if you want to survive here, is to keep your mouth shut. Do you understand me?"

"Yes." she answers meekly.

The images fades away into a cloud of smoke. I sit gasping for air, I have never had two memories back one after the other.

"Want to tell me again you name isn't Four?" I say sarcastically.

"Why, why do I keep thinking me name is Tobias?"

"Because, that is your name. For some reason you didn't want anybody to know your name was Tobias back at dauntless, so you created a new name for yourself. The bastards that sent us here only allow us to remember one thing, our names. You, remembered your birth name and so did I, I just realised before I came up in the box that I had changed my name to Tris." I say.

"Why can we remember stuff like this? Why are we different?" I shake my head.

"I'm not sure, Newt is the same, he and I can talk telepathically, as crazy as it seems." I say and he looks to the ground.

"He loves you, you know." My head shoots up at the sudden change of topic.

"What?"

"He loves you, and you love him back."

"Four, what are you on about?"

"Newt, you both love each other I can tell. I'm not going to keep it from you, I really have feelings for you, I have went two years without you after David shot you, we cremated you, and it's such a surprise to see you here," He says.

"Four-" I start but he cuts me off.

"But I'm not going to let that come in between the way you feel about Newt, you guys are in Love. I will always love you Beatrice Prior."

"How do you know my name?"

"I remember a lot more than you think, stiff." He says winking at me. I have a blurred memory of people calling me that, I remember it to be slang for abnegation.

"Did you just go there?" I say and he nods laughing. My face went cold with playfulness and his eyes widened, scared. "You have to the count of Four to run." I tell him. He doesn't move.

"One." He stays put like he wants to move but he can't.

"Two." He thrashes around trying to move.

"Three." He desperately tries to move and he finally does and bolts to the glade.

"Four."

_______________________

Sorry it took so long to update guys, I just couldn't think of what to put (y*_*)y hope this is alright!

See you guys!