Unicorns on a rainbow eating Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream.

For the second time, I was sitting in the chair in the meeting room. I stare at the colourful walls and my eyes feel like they were just attacked. Why are they so damn colourful but everywhere else they're not?

"Again, we have called this meeting to talk about this Shank here," Alby says, jabbing a finger in my direction and I raise my hands in surrender which causes a wave of chuckling to go around.

"Now, Minho can you explain to us exactly why we have called this meeting?" Newt asks and Minho nods and stands.

"Now, I am sure that at least once now I have told you about the plaques around the maze am I right?" He asks and everyone nods.

"What's the plaques got to do with anything?" Gally scoffs.

"Everything slinthead now slim it." Minho says, throwing knifes at him with his eyes. I jolt back, hit with a sudden memory.

I was standing by a board, in front of me, standing with knifes in his hand was Four. My throat is dry. I try to swallow, and then look at Four. It looks like he is about to throw the knifes at me, what the fuck did I do to piss him off so much? He wouldn't hit me. I'll be fine... I think.

I lift my chin up. I will not flinch. I know that If I flinch, I prove Eric right and that this is not as easy as I said it was; I prove that I'm a coward.

Who the fuck is Eric? Why am I thinking about people when I have no clue to who they are?

"If you flinch," Four says, slowly, carefully, "Al takes your place. Understand?" I nod. Who the fuck is Al? Four's eyes are still on mine when he lifts his hand, pulls his elbow back, and throws the knife. It is just a flash in the air, and then I hear a thud. The knife buried itself in the board, not far away from my cheek. I close my eyes. Thank the Gods.

"You about done, Stiff?" asks Four. I remember Al's wide eyes and his quiet sobs at night and shake my head. Why does Al sob at night?

"No." I tell him.

"Eyes open, then." He taps the spot between his eyebrows.
I stare at him, pressing my hands to my sides to hide the fact that they are shaking. He throws a knife from his left hand to his right hand, and I see nothing but his eyes as the second knife hits the target above my head. This one is closer than the last one-I feel it hovering over my skull. Like it's taunting me with the closeness.

"Come on, Stiff," he says. "Let someone else stand there and take it." Why is he trying to get me to give up? Does he want me to fail?

"Shut up, Four!" I exclaim to him and he nods before releasing the third and final knife. I feel a sting in my right ear, something trickles down the side of my face, like tears yet I know it's not tears, it's blood. I tentatively put a finger to my ear before pulling it back to confirm my thoughts, Four cut me. Bastard.

"Tris?"

"Sup futhermucker?" I say, trying to get them to believe that I didn't have a memory. Especially one that I didn't understand.

"You like totally spaced out."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was thinking about Unicorns on a rainbow eating Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream." I lie, the lie that just slipped off from my tongue and now left me wishing I had been imagining it.

"What's Ben and Jerry's?"

"I don't know," Frypan says. "but it sounds good."

"Enough!" Minho shouts. "Guys listen, as I was saying. The plaques say 'WICKED, World in catastrophe kill zone experiment departure' but to Greenie here, it says something totally different." Minho says and all of a sudden, all eyes were on me.

"Take a picture, might last longer." I snap, clearly uncomfortable with all the attention.

"What does it say to you Prior?" Alby asks.

"It says, why create codes kids easily decode. How come I can see something totally different to Minho?" I ask and he just shakes his head.

"I have no idea, but I'm sure we will find out soon."

+++

Me and Newt was walking around the Glade but something was off about it, we normally talk all the time even if it was about something stupid, just to hear the sound of each other's voice.

"What actually happened back there?" Newt blurts out eventually.

"Pardon?"

"I don't know how you made that lie so amazing, but you didn't imagine about Unicorns on a rainbow eating Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream were you?" He asks me and I huff out a sigh.

"No, I guess not."

"What was it?"

"Nothing."

"Tris come on, you can trust me."

"It's nothing really."

"Why are you lying to me?"

"Why won't you leave it alone?"

"Bloody hell! because Tris, you are my girlfriend and I care about you!"

"Doesn't mean you have to fucking know everything I do or what happens Newt! Gods, why are you being so difficult?"

"Oh, turning this around on me now?"

"That isn't what I was doing, look Newt," I say, feeling crap about what I said. I don't know why I was acting this way, but I hated it.

"No Tris, you're right. I will leave you alone, as long as you return the favour for me." He says as he walking off.

"Newt!" I shout panicking. "what does this mean!?" I ask, tearing running down my face, obviously ruining my makeup.

"Silly Tris," he taunts turning around looking at me with red, puffy eyes and tears rolling down his cheeks. "It means we are done." He finishes as he runs with his limp that I have grown to love all the way to the homestead.

I run through the deadheads to where the two walls join together, I sit and cry. I cry, and cry and cry at my own stupidity. What have I done?

_________________________
Sup guys? To a popular demand, Tris and Newt are no longer together *wipes away tears* I actually liked them but you know, it's best to listen to the reader more than the writer so...

Anyway, so do you like the new book cover? Obviously it had to be changed because it would be weird to have a book cover with two people that are no longer together ya know? Well, that was my train of thought anyway...

Massive thank you to:
m_charlotte
me_Tehreem
FOURTRISAllMighty
thebravefangirl13

For the ideas for the book and the support, you guys rock!
In other news, this book has 683 views, 101 votes and 49 comments... THAT'S CRAZY! I love each and everyone of you that reads/votes/comments on this book.

Until next chapter (sorry this one took so long) buh-bye!