Rules? There are no rules.

"This is the part where I say I don't wanna, I'm stronger than I've been before, this is the part where I brake free."

"Okay, we can't play full dauntless capture the flag so we had to tweak it a bit." I explain to the others while tying my ever growing hair up with a bandana. I hear groans and grunts and it was kind of off putting.

"Why cant we?"

"Because I asked for the flags, not for the guns."

"Guns?"

"That's what I said, Slinthead."

"You used guns?"

"Neuro-stim darts, it simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound."

"Wow, pretty intense. Must of hurt."

"I wouldn't know, I never got hit." I tell them and smirk, some smirk back and some are praying to the Olympus gods that we haven't got the guns.

"Alright, Me and someone else are going to be team captains, My team are going to have the orange one while the other have the green. We both have to hide the flag somewhere and then have to go search for the other teams flag, first one to get the other teams flag, wins."

Everyone nods their heads in agreement, then they all look confused.

"What are the rules?" Somebody finally says. I look at Newt who nods, then I look at Four who nods, then I look at Minho who does the exact same thing. This kind of weirded out some of the boys but I didn't really care. That's what we wanted to happen.

"The rules?" I say, more like a question. I smile. "There are no rules."

+++

In the end, it ended up Gally being the other team captain. On my team was me, Minho, Newt, Mason, Clint, Jeff, Jacob and Frypan and Rose.
On Gally's team was, Gally, Zart, Ben, Four, Luke, Winston, Jack and Adam. Alby said he was going to be the referee and blow the whistle when it's time to start and when someone has won.

"Alright, your team can go first." I tell Gally.

"Honey please, you don't need to do us any favours." He retorts.

"Fine, we will set off first. You turn the other way, wait ten minutes then set of yourself to find somewhere."

"Let's go." I shout and we run in the opposite direction. We run to the deadheads and people start arguing who's going to guard it, who's going to run after the enemy flag and who is going to claim victory. I roll my eyes, it's exactly like last time. Then it dawned on me, exactly like last time. In the corner of my eye, I notice the watch tower that I was showed on my first day here. I leave everyone arguing and I climb up the ladders, I can see Gally's team go to the homestead. I climb back down to retrieve the flag.

"Guys just shut the fuck up." I say, I said it calmly I scared myself but everyone shut up so I didn't back down. "I know where we are putting the flag, and while you was arguing with each other I figured out a plan. Again."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a story we don't have shucking time for okay? Now, this is what we are going to do." I explain to them the plan and all of them looked at me in shock, I know I'm a girl but come on that's sexist. We get into position and wait for the whistle. The whistle blew.

"GO!" I shout. The distraction team went to the left while we run through the deadheads, Me, Minho, Rose and Mason climb up the trees and jump from tree to tree, it was dark so people wouldn't be able to see us, It's a good job we didn't have the guns like I had to last game otherwise we would of been in a struggle. We get to the front line of the deadheads and we can see everyone fighting, the distraction team are doing a very good job.

"Minho, I want you to run towards the distraction team so they believe that's where the flag is or something and I will sprint to the flag." I say, pointing to their flag on the homestead roof. Seems easy enough, plenty of foot room so I can climb up. I knew there was something missing though. Minho nodded and sprinted off.

"Hey! Get him!" The guys on the opposite team shouted and they ran after Minho who was deliberately slowing down. I took my chance, I sprinted to the homestead and hoisted myself up on the lowest room connected to the homestead. I then scaled the walls quietly and quickly. Did I learn this in dauntless? Probably, there is no way I learned this another way. I get up on the roof and I can see the flag, nobody was here and I instantly knew it was a trap, I crouched and my brain went into over drive to think of a way to get it without getting caught. A gun? There is no guns here. Wood? Where the fuck am I going to get that? Pebbles? Seriously brain, pebbles? I noticed my foot was hurting and I moved my foot.

"No fucking way." I whisper to myself. I pick up the gun, then the wood and then a handful of pebbles. What type of gun is it? Bullets? Water? Paintball? I decide to shoot at the ground below me and the ground turned neon yellow. Paintball gun. Perfect. I run and grab the flag and as expected, someone jumps in front of me. I shoot him once, twice, three times. I run and do a front flip off the roof and onto the ground, landing on my feet perfectly. I hold up the flag and he whistle blows. We won.

"Tris' team wins!" Alby shouts and we whoop and celebrate. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see a neon yellow Four.

"Good job, Tris."

"Thank you, Four."

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Make the gun appear, there isn't them type of guns here."

"I was thinking of ways to not get caught, and a gun came across my mind, so did a bit of wood and so did pebbles. Next thing I know, all three things were by my foot. Then I thought about what type of gun it was and paintball crossed my mind, I shot the ground and it turned yellow, just like you." I say and point to the ground where it is still neon yellow.

"Something isn't right, this feels familiar. And in a bad way."

"I know." I tell him honestly, and I look to see everyone celebrating. I see Rose by herself and I notice Four staring at her. "Go to her." I tell him, nudging him toward her direction.

"You think I should?" He asks, looking at me briefly before turning his attention back to the girl standing in blue.

"Go on, I'm not Erudite like her but I sure know when two people like each other." I say with a smile. He smiles back and after a beat he heads off in her direction. I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I smile and take in the scent of my boyfriend.

"We did it."

"Yes we did."

"Can I ask why Four is yellow?"

"I shot him." I tell him, holding up the gun.

"Where did you get that from?" I giggle.

"Long story, tell you tomorrow?" I say and he nods and picks me up bridal style. I yawn and he laughs.

"Let's get you to sleep princess." He says and I close my eyes and snuggle into him. I fall asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

"I love you." I hear him whisper.

"I love you too."

__________________________
Hey guys! Thank you for all them reads and votes and the comments! I find them wonderful! Anyway I need a little help? I need ship names for Tris and Newt and for Rose and Four! Any ideas? Thank you 💕

🍋When life gives you lemons, keep them because hey, free lemons 🍋