Forty-five

Mature content

After a moment of Fred and I staying quiet, I slowly moved my way over to him.

He sat on the bed again and I placed my hands on his shoulders, giving them a small squeeze.

I moved between his legs and ran my hand into his hair which caused him to look up at me.

He hesitated but then slid his hands around to the back of my thighs, guiding me to straddle his lap.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, resting my forehead against his. "I haven't thought much about what it was like for you."

Fred shook his head.

"And you shouldn't have to. You're the one who went through it."

I ran my hand along the side of his neck, tilting his head back until his lips met mine.

"I love you so much." I whispered, rubbing my nose against his before resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too." He said, sliding both arms around my back.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck, holding me as tight as possible.

"I want a family with you." I said, shutting my eyes. "And when I feel better, I want to be tested."

I pulled back and looked at Fred's face, running my fingers over his cheek.

"I want to know what the situation with my uterus is." I sighed and brushed hair out of my face. "I want children, Fred. I know that's the main reason we fight. I'm just scared... but I was happy with the pregnancy, though very overwhelmed."

"I know you're scared." He whispered. "I am too, believe me. I'm scared I'm gonna fuck up some way, but I want the entire package, and I want it because it's with you."

"I want it because it's with you." I responded, pouting. "But I can't do it right now. I'm so—"

I took a deep breath, trying to fight the tears when I thought about the failed pregnancy.

"I know." Fred nodded, reading my mind. "We'll start with couples therapy..."

"Couples therapy?"

"Just to help us with all of the fighting." Fred assured me, grasping my face with one hand. "And to help us communicate better. It doesn't mean anything else, yeah?"

I nodded.

He kissed me, pulling me down with him as he laid down on his back. I laughed softly, moving my body against his as I took his hands and pinned them to the mattress.

I kissed him until my lips felt raw. In that moment, we just used each other to get out everything we were feeling.

And after a while of just making out, we laid on the bed together, my head resting on his chest and our fingers laced together.

"I think we should get a house." I said, tilting my head back to look up at him.

"Yeah?"

"I'm tired of this place." I said. "I just want a fresh start somewhere else."

"That sounds like a good idea." Fred pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Maybe staying here after he kidnapped you from the living room, was a bad idea."

I leaned up to kiss his cheek, then rolled out of his embrace and off the bed.

"Where're you going?" Fred asked and propped himself up on his elbows.

"To change my pad. I uh— I'm still having a little bit of a bleeding." I said, glancing at him to see his reaction.

"Oh..."