Eighty-four

Kai

Everything was foggy. My head was pounding, and the light in here was too bright.

Too fucking bright.

I let out a small groan. A groan that sounded so weird. It came from deep down my throat.

My throat.

I was thirsty.

So thirsty.

Someone were holding my hand. Someone were pressing a kiss to my hand, but all I could focus on was one thing.

My baby.

Another groan, and the person seemed to notice before the sound of a chair scraping against the floor, caused the throbbing in my head to increase.

"Stop." I whispered, bringing my free hand up to my forehead.

"Do you have a headache?" A voice asked softly and a set of lips was pressed to my forehead.

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times until I knew who was standing right there.

"Freddie." I whispered, and I saw the way he smiled at me through the tears that stained his cheeks. "Freddie..."

"I'm here, love." He chuckled, shaking his head as he kissed my forehead again. "I'm right here."

"No..." I cried. "It's not real. It's a dream. I'm dreaming again and I'll wake up and you'll be gone."

"No. Hey." Fred cupped each side of my face, staring into my eyes. "You are not dreaming. I am right here with you."

He pressed a kiss to my dry lips.

"Did you feel that?" He whispered. "This is real. You are here, and you are safe. I'm right here, pretty girl. I'm right here."

I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Oh my god. You're actually here..."

"I am. I'm right here, my love." He whispered and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "I'm not going anywhere, you hear me? You're safe, darling. You're at St. Mungo's and your baby is okay. A little boy, huh?"

"My baby." I muttered, letting go of Fred as I sat up.

I looked around and then I saw him. He was asleep in a bassinet next to the bed, and automatically, I reached out and placed a hand on the edge of it, pulling it closer.

I picked him up, holding him in my arms. I pressed a kiss to his head, and then I looked at the beautiful and soft blanket he was swaddled in.

"I'm so sorry you didn't get to experience it with me." I said, looking up at Fred who watched me and our son.

His eyebrows were pinched together.

"What will you name him?" He asked quietly, staring right at our son.

"What?" I asked, frowning. "Freddie... we're both going to name him. We—"

He made a face and stepped back, turning away from me while running a hand through his hair.

"I— I thought you'd be happy." I muttered, looking down at the boy in my arms.

"I don't know what to say, Kai." He sighed and looked at me again. "I'm so sorry you had to have his baby. I'm so sorry—"

"Wait... wait what? No." I shook my head. "This is your child, Fred."

For a moment, I couldn't read his expression. He completely froze, staring at me, and then his eyes flicked to our baby.

"Oh shit..."

"I conceived that day in the living room." I said quietly. "Found out I was pregnant about a month later. He's your son, Freddie. Our son."

He let out a heavy breath, running both hands over his face, and then he walked back over to the bed.

"Look." I said. "He's got red hair."

Fred sat down on the edge of the bed, and as I looked at him, I suddenly felt the guilt of having slept with Theodore.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked, and Fred nodded.

I gave him our son, and then I watched as Fred realised that he from one day to the next suddenly had become a dad.

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling, the guilt eating me up. I shut my eyes, digging the heel of my palms into my eyes.

"He is most definitely a Weasley." Fred spoke. "Looks just as pale as the rest of us."

"I slept with Theodore." I blurted, removing my hands from my eyes, and I saw Fred slowly turn his head to look at me.

He didn't look angry.

He just stared at me for a moment, before letting out a breath.

"Listen. The Aurors have him. He'll never be able to hurt you again."

I shook my head, sitting up again.

"No, you don't get it. He didn't rape me. I consented. I slept with him." I said. "I got so lonely and I needed him to trust me. Maybe if he trusted me, he would let me come outside more, and I could find a way to escape, but then I accidentally moaned your name and—"

I shut my eyes and shook my head. When Fred stood up, I started crying.

I was sure he was mad at me now. I was sure he hated me, but all he did was walk around the bed and put our baby down.

Then he crawled into bed with me and wrapped his arms tightly around me, cuddling me.

I wrapped my arms around his forearm, and I cried against him, letting it all out.

"You did what you had to do to survive." He whispered against my hair. "No one can blame you for that."

"I blame me for that, because I initiated a lot of it, and some of it I enjoyed, but I promise you, Freddie, that I imagined it was you."

But Fred simply shushed me, shaking his head as he held me.

"As I said. You did what you had to do to survive."

"I'm sorry."

"No. Don't apologise." He told me. "I don't want to hear you apologise for making decisions like that while being kidnapped."

"I feel so guilty." I cried. "You're the only one I want to be with, but I slept with him and let him think I love him. I hated myself every single time, and then I moaned your name and he got so angry."

His grip on me tightened slightly as his body tensed up.

"You're okay now, love." He whispered against my hair. "He's been arrested. He can't hurt you anymore."

I ran a hand up his chest until I felt the pulse in his neck beat against my fingers.

I tilted my head back and I watched him through my blurred vision.

"I love you so much." I whispered, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I know you do, pretty." He nodded, repaying the kiss. "And I love you too. So fucking much."