Fifty-eight

It was rather cloudy one day in Diagon Alley when I was shopping.

Fred was working. George was working. Lee was working. Felix was working. Angie was visiting her family with baby Arthur.

So I didn't really have anyone to spend the day with.

I could spend it with Carter, but he had been very distant since our mother's death so usually he wants to be alone and just focus on his son and Myeong.

So I was shopping. I was in need of new clothes. My entire closet was basically things to hide my body or things that was only for the comfort, and I missed wearing stuff that made me like myself and my body.

When I approached a door to a new shop, a pair of hands landed on my hips from behind and I shrieked, but then I heard Fred's laugh in my ear.

"Hi pretty."

"Fucking hell, Frederick!" I spun around to face him. "You scared me, you idiot!"

"I'm sorry." He pouted and leaned down to kiss me. "I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you aren't too bored on your own."

I smiled, placing a hand on the side of his neck.

"It's actually really peaceful to walk around on my own." I said.

"Oh yeah?" He asked. "You're saying you don't need me?"

"Exactly." I grinned. "You can go back to work."

"Okay." He whispered and leaned down, placing a kiss under my ear. "Remember I love you, yeah?"

"Huh?" I looked at him as he backed up, gasped and pressed a hand to his chest.

"No, Kai! I do not want to hook up with you right here!"

My eyes widened and my lips parted at the words he blurted out, loud enough to make people look.

"Have you no decency?!"

"Fred, stop! People are looking!" I hissed in a whisper.

"Are you hitting on me?!" He exclaimed, taking another step back.

"Fred!" I reached out for him, laughing and he joined me, continuing to step back.

"And you better not follow me again!" He spoke. "Or I will call the Aurors on you!"

I sighed, looking around at the people who had stopped and were now looking.

"I'm his wife!" I explained. "He's my husband!"

"Wife? Oh baby, I'm homosexual." Fred snapped his fingers and turned around in a sassy way before making his way down Diagon Alley.

Jesus fuck... why did I marry him.

I spent the next hours shopping. I found clothes, books, a pair of shoes, and then I walked towards the twins' shop.

I pushed the door open and the bell rang, announcing my arrival. George who was leaning on the counter, looked completely bored, and I saw why.

The shop was empty.

Not one single customer.

"Now I see why Freddie had time to come embarrass me in public." I said, shutting the door behind me. "What's going on? You're usually way busier than this."

"I don't know." George said before yawning into his hand. "I see you've been shopping."

"Yeah." I put the bags on the floor before approaching him at the counter. "You look tired."

"I am." He yawned again. "I'm not getting much sleep with Angie and Arthur visiting Angie's family."

I smiled at him.