chapter 54

"you're such a back stabber"

ni-ki and heeseung were sitting beside each other in a booth at a small cafe. hoping sunoo wouldnt find them. "so.. i think sunoo got worse. like he's just acting different for longer periods of time. its scaring me" the younger explained.

heeseung didnt want to talk about this, at all. because he knew what he had to do. heeseung couldnt just let his cousins, the only family he had left, leave him for 7 months.

tears built up in his eyes. its for the best but he cant. he doesnt want to be alone again. he doesnt want sunoo to experience the hell he went through. heeseung looked at ni-ki with small tears running down his rosy cheeks. "i know."

ni-ki was a bit confused. "you knew?.. that he was getting worse?"

heeseung nodded. ni-ki felt a bit of anger rise up. "and you didnt bother telling me? or.. discussing it with the others?" he asked again.

heeseung nodded, once again. ni-ki slammed his hands against the table. "why would you do that?! what if he hurt someone that did nothing to him? what if he hurt one of us?" ni-ki cried, in anger.

the older just sat there and endured the yelling. he knew what ni-ki was feeling. he felt guilty. "do you really think i want him to get worse?" he said in between heavy breathes.

"you think i want him to hurt someone? one of us? to hurt himself?" heeseung raised his voice a little more. ni-ki was taken back.

"then why didnt you do anything? why're you being so selfish?!"

"because he's the only family i have left! my mother left me! my aunt is dead! i dont even know my father. sunoo is the only one i have. im sorry im being selfish for keeping the only person that has the same blood as me" he yelled, crying. ni-ki looked down, feeling guilty. he hugged the older and let him cry.

"im sorry. i didnt mean to lash out like that. i just.. im so scared of him"

"no, im sorry. i shouldnt have been selfish. i shouldve just accepted his condition and bring him there." heeseung wiped his tears and sighed.

"so.. how are we gonna tell him? i dont think he'll take it well"

"it doesnt matter. he needs to go. i cant handle seeing him get worse" heeseung frowns. ni-ki nods.

"we should tell him when we get back. and no stalling, just get straight to the point" heeseung adds.

ni-ki nods again, he didnt want to see his boyfriend right now. he was genuinely terrified.

"but what if he has an episode when we get there? what if he kills one of us?"

"he wont. he loves us" heeseung said with a reassuring smile. behind that smile, he was shitting his pants.

after an hour or so, they arrived home. to see sunoo baking cookies. "hi guys! i made some cookies for you" he smiled while placing them onto a plate. sunoo walked over to the living room and placed the plate on a coffee table.

"where were you guys?"

ni-ki sat down. "he helped me find hair dye.. yeah" sunoo pouted.

"i wanted to pick your next hair color.." he frowned but immediately smiled. "its okay! i can choose the next one"

heeseung took a deep breath before sitting down. "sunoo, we need to talk."

"what about?" sunoo said, munching on a cookie.

"ni-ki and i have noticed that your conditions gotten worse. its like what happened to me" he said slowly. sunoo just sat there, staring at heeseung and ni-ki.

"and we decided that the only way you can get better.. is from going to the place heeseung went to." ni-ki added on. sunoos cookie broke in his hand.

"no." he said, loud and clear.

"it's not a choice. you have to go there." heeseungs voice cracked. sunoo shook his head.

"i dont want to. you cant make me!" sunoo started shaking a bit. he didnt want to go. he didnt want to be away from his family.

"you're making this harder for me! do you think i want you to go?! you're the only family i have left that hasnt left me." heeseung cried out. sunoo also cried.

"i know i need to get better.. but im scared too! why would you decide this without me? you're so selfish!" sunoo turned to look at ni-ki now. "and you! i thought you loved me! you're such a back stabber!"

heeseung pulled sunoo into a hug. "please. do this for me. for us. i want you to be okay. what if you get caught hurting someone? i'll never see you again" he whispered. sunoo sniffled.

"okay. but i'm still mad at you. i need space" sunoo let go of heeseung and went to his room. ni-ki and heeseung looked at each other.

"we leave by wednesday. no buts, nothing. we need him to get better." the older says with a stern voice. ni-ki nods before leaving.

i promised i'd update more often. how are you guys? have you eaten? drank water? lmk! i tried to write a long chapter! its like 860 words i think. it took a while and i know its a bit boring but its very important! have you guys watched heartstopper? or read the comic? its so good!!! i love it smmm! and have you watched spy x family? i like it and im currently reading the manga! okay byeeee