𝐈

Leonor, a photographer went to an art exhibit in Taguig.

She has a deep appreciation for the arts, every painting that her lens have captured are not just for the money, it's because of the beauty and how well the artist had shown his/her expertise.

Napatigil siya sa isang painting, isang babaeng naka terno na sa tingin niya ay meztiza. Maayos na nakatali ang buhok at may hawak na pamaypay.

"Ang ganda niya ano.." isang matandang lalaki ang tumabi sa kanya.

"Parang namumukhaan ko siya, pero baka namamalikmata lang ako.." sambit ni Leonor, may nakabanggan siya na babae na kamukha ng nasa painting.

"Imposible naman, eh nakalagay sa description 1890 nung ipininta." Dagdag niya.

"Malay mo, Hija.. Naka tadhana siyang makilala mo, kahit na nasa kabilang dako pa siya ng mundo."

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗹𝗮 1884

A Spanish Meztizo family went from Iloilo has settled in Escolta, Manila.

The Navarro Family, known for their Azucareras and prime importer of sugar from Philippines to Spain.

The head of the family, Eduardo a Spanish-born raised and studied in the Philippines.

His wife Valeria a Spanish meztiza, an heredera to be exact. They had a daughter named Ana Theresia.

Ana, a sophisticated woman had been to Europe for many times because of her studies.

She arrived a week earlier before her parents because she want to see what's in store to them.

"Señorita, ano ang gusto ninyong gawin ngayon na narito na tayo sa Maynila?" Says Nita, her servant.

"Gusto ko lamang magliwaliw, sabihan mo si Artemio na ilabas ang karwahe at ako'y iikot sa Intramuros. Ang balita ko'y maraming mga larawan sa oleo ang ibinibenta doon." She said.

Nita hurries to their 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘫𝘦 to fetch Artemio.

Ana went to Intramuros for oil paintings, she observe every canvas.. Her eyes laid on a unfamiliar artwork. She hasn't seen a style like this.

A portrait of a woman who has dark brown eyes, her stare is piercing through the soul.

"Ibinebenta nyo po ba ito, Señor?" She asked the man, he nodded. She also scan other canvas to look for a similar painting but no to avail.

She handed him a 150 centavos, he was shocked because it's not that pricey..
But she bought it.

Wala na itong nagawa, kaya ibinalot na niya sa papel. At agad namang binitbit ni Artemio para ipasok sa karwahe ang larawan.