𝐈𝐗

Therese scan all the letters that Leonor had sent to her Nana Tere, they are declaration of love and undying devotion. She imagine how they are when spending an evening, having late night talks.. Swimming, walking hand in hand without being suspected.

People around them thought that it's a best friend thing, but little did they know..
Something's going on with them.

She went to their ancestral house, it is well furnished and restored.

The 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘢 𝘕𝘢𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰 is supervised by the family's head, Teresa. They generate income by opening it to the visitors.

Therese walks through the halls, heading to a room at the end.

She opened it, the room is tidy and feels like 1890's again.

Nana Tere's clothes are hanged at the antique cabinet with a clothe cover.

The dresser is still intact, but there's no personal belongings there. it's empty.

She look for other things that will remind of Nana Tere, and there she saw a picture of her with Maria Leonor.

Though they're not smiling, she sense that having each other is alright. Nana Tere with her pusod while Leonor had her hair down.

"Nandito ka naman pala, anak." Therese is startled when Teresa saw her.

"Mama naman eh, nagmo-moment ako!"

"Papunta pala dito si Leonor Pinzon, ikaw eh bakit hindi mo sinagot yung letter ni Prof. Sonny? Naabala tuloy yung tao!" Teresa said,

"Hala, Maa sorry! Eh nasaan daw po siya ngayon?" Therese felt sorry for the inconvenience.

"Nag book ng hotel malapit dito, sa Regency. Bukas bibisita siya sa bahay kaya mag handa kayo."

"Opo, Ma.. Tara na, uwi na tayo." Therese clings to Teresa's arm and went out the room.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Teresa invited Leonor to their home, they are excited to meet the photographer.

Leonor arrived and received well by The Navarro's.

"Pasensya na sa abala, Ms. Pinzon ha.." says Teresa, while sitting to a chair.

"Ay, wala ho iyon.. Actually plano ko talagang pumunta dito, hindi ko na nahintay yung letter." Leonor said,

"Ang ganda po ng bahay ninyo ah." she added.

"Maaa heto na yung--" Therese stop at the moment, her eyes lock with Leonor's.

"Therese, huuy!"

Therese snap out and shook her head, the flashbacks on her mind.. Can it be???

"Halika rito, ipapakilala kita.. Leonor, meet my eldest daughter Ana Therese, anak she's the one i told you!" Teresa point at Leonor, the latter offer her hand for a handshake.

She just froze there, her Mom held her hand and gave it to Leonor. It's super awkward.

"Ah.. Ahahaha sorry, you look like someone i know. Yeah, Mama already said my name."

"Nice to meet you, Therese." Leonor smiled at her,

"Bueno, maupo na tayo.." says Teresa, the two women followed her.

"Alam nyo na po ang pakay ko, Ma'am. Si Ana Theresia Navarro po, i'm interested about her since i found the portrait on a art exhibit. Can you tell me about her po?"

"Well, we all know her here as Nana Tere.. Maalaga, pasensyosa, mabait.. She had so many stories about their life during the last years of the Spanish period. She loves to go outdoors with friends and family, mahilig din umawit at tumugtog ng piano.

As far as i can remember, she help some of her servants and send them to school.. Some of them are now prominent families of this province and recognizes her work bilang samaritan. That's why we keep The Asocacíon de mujeres, her brainchild." says Teresa,

Leonor listened and jot some notes, Therese find it cute tho.

"I would like to ask a very personal question, if i may, Ma'am.. Do you know Maria Leonor?"

"Ahhh... Nana Tere's partner, yes.
Her full name is Maria Leonor De Jesus Narvasa, they've been friends in their 20s pero nagpasyang magsama after Nana Tere's parents died when a flu pandemic hit Spain." Teresa answers Leonor's question,

Therese stood up and went to the kitchen to drink some water.

Leonor saw a small frame at the top of the piano, she went there and saw Ana Theresia and Maria Leonor held hands.

"Sadly, Leonor died earlier.. From childbirth."

"Hindi ko po gets, Ma'am?"

"Guillermo Pelaez impregnate her, but he ran away. So, si Nana Tere ang nag alaga sa kanila.. When the unfortunate event happened, she told herself na hindi na siya magmamahal gaya ng pagmamahal na inalay ni Leonor sa kanya."

"Hala, ang sad naman." Leonor felt sorry for her katukayo.

"About the child naman, she raised him as her own.. She named him Eduardo Leon Narvasa, he was a lawyer. He visit his Mamá Theresia whenever he stay here for a vacation. Bumuo siya ng pamilya sa England, till he died early 90's. We have contact naman with them, though they can't share about many information about Maria Leonor."

Leonor can't understand why, but she felt her tears falling on her face. Therese saw it and wipe it off, she hugged her.

"Are you ok, Ms. Pinzon?"

"Yeah, i'm alright.. Carried away lang, sorry."

Therese pulled away from the hug and look at Leonor's eyes.

"Napaka ganda mo, 𝘪𝘳𝘰𝘨." Therese didn't know what she said,

Leonor just stood there, looking at her dark brown eyes.

"Ladies.. Are you alright?" Teresa asks,

The two remained staring at each other.