𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

A few days after their encounter, Ana and Leonor didn't see each other again.

Ana is busy because the production of the embroidered table cloth, dress are in full swing. She meticulously look after on her workers, they are satisfied on their salary because she gave them incentives too.

While Leonor stay at their house counting the days before she pops out.

But a shocking news rock her world.

Guillermo laying on the casket wearing his favorite barong and slacks, his wake is on their house in Kawit.

Leonor can't help but to cry all the sadness she could feel. She wore a black veil as a sign of grieving, everyone comforted her.

He is very young to be taken away from his wife and his unborn child.

The accident happened when a bunch of young men went to swim on a river nearby, one of them is crying for help.

Guillermo, as a swimmer himself jumped right off and swam to rescue the young man.

But unfortunately, he felt cramps while swimming with the young man..
He can't go on, the other men came to rescue him but he drowned.

They try to revive him but he didn't respond, he died on the spot.

Many of his friends can't believe that it happened to him, some spread some rumors that he might have been cursed by someone he might offended in some way.

But in Leonor's mind, she lost a companion,
a husband and would have been an amazing father.

Francisco and Selina are with her during her trying times while both of her parents and Guillermo's settle everything.

Guillermo laid to rest to a mausoleum, Leonor is devastated knowing she'll shoulder everything that her husband has left behind.

Ana went from Manila to Kawit to see her,
to make sure she's alright.

Leonor told her what happened, she couldn't believe also. She share that they have so many dreams for each other and for their son.

"Hayaan mong tulungan kita sa paraang alam ko, Leonor."

"Nakakahiya naman sa'yo, Ana.. Ako nga itong may malaking kasalan na nagawa, ako pa ang tutulungan mo."

"Ano ka ba, para naman wala tayong pinagsamahan! Basta, ang maipapangako ko sa'yo ay pagagaanin natin ang lahat ng  dinadala mo."

"Pati sana ito, pagaanin mo."

Leonor jokingly pointed her tummy, that made Ana laugh a bit.

A month after Guillermo's passing, Leonor gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

She named him, Eduardo Leon Pelaez  Gutierrez y De Jesus Narvasa.

[Paternal surname comes first, then Maternal surname as of Spanish naming customs.]

Leonor decided to go back to Manila where she wanted to raise her child.

Her parents are overwhelmed with joy,

They throw a small gathering only for family and friends, Ana was also invited.

Francisco had a chance to hold his little sobrino, he tease his prima.

"Napaka swerte naman ng anak mo, napaka gandang lalaki.. Namana niya ang tangos ng ilong ng kanyang Tió Francisco!"

Leonor pinch Francisco in his waist,

"Ang kapal talaga ng mukha mo kahit kailan!"

"Eh totoo naman, ako ang pinaglihian mo noon!"

They both laugh, Ana saw them happy.

Leonor looks at her and smiled, she told her to come and see her baby.

Ana went to them and saw Leonor's son.

The baby yawns and stretch his arms, he immediately suck his thumb.

Francisco handed him to Ana, she carefully hold the baby.

Leonor placed her chin on Ana's shoulder while watching the little boy sleeping.

"Sigurado ka na sa'yo ito?"

"Anaaa.."

"Nagbibiro lang ako, ang gwapo nga eh."

Ana smiled and realized Leon has a similar biloy and round eyes as his mother's.

How can she not love the little boy..

After the gathering, the people at the Narvasa's residence now resting in their rooms.

Leonor is nursing her son to sleep, Ana on the other hand just went out from the bathroom. Seeing them both makes her heart flutter.

Ana went to bed to settle, she look at Leonor who's now leaning back on the headboard.. Half awake because the little boy is irritated.

"Leonor, umayos ka na ng higa para makapag pahinga ka na rin."

"Magagalit ito oh.."

"Akin na, patatahanin ko.."

Ana sang a lullaby, the baby looks at her and cooed as if he understand the song.

She lay him on the bed, between them.

Tapping his thigh was Ana's last resort and it worked!

Little Leon now sleeping, Leonor can't help but to smile at Ana.

"Ang galing mo talaga, Ana.. Salamat!"

"Basta ikaw, irog ko!"

"Kay tagal kong hindi naririnig sa iyo ang tawag mo sa akin, irog ko."

Their lips met, they've missed this so much.

Ana stop for a while, "Oo nga pala, hindi pa pala pwede.. Kapapanganak mo lang eh."

"Oo na.. Humanda ka sa akin kapag pwede na."

Leonor winked at her.