Mystery II

Chaeyoung waited nervously for Jihyo to come and visit her at the hospital and was praying that the latter won't do anything bad. She was sunk in her thoughts when the door flung open revealing an unhappy Jihyo.

"Unnie, what's wrong? Why do you seem angry?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Of course I'm angry. How come you didn't tell me about this, have you lost your mind ?" Jihyo reproached "I got sick worried about you"

Chaeyoung couldn't help but scoff at the understatement. But then she remembered Dowan's warning to play dumb so she faked a smile.

"Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnie must've told you, right?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes, they told me so I came here running" Jihyo said then secretly looked around and sat beside Chaeyoung "are you alone here? Where is your husband?"

Chaeyoung was triggered by the question because she knew what's hidden behind it. However, she tried to act cool so Jihyo doesn't pay attention.

"He has schedule abroad so he's not here" Chaeyoung said with a sigh.

"He couldn't stay for his wife's surgery?" Jihyo sneered.

"He doesn't know, unnie" Chaeyoung showed annoyance "I didn't tell anyone other Nayeon and Jeongyeon"

"Mmm! I see your marriage is really forced" Jihyo felt happy "Does that mean you'll be breaking up with him when your problem is solved"

"I won't" Chaeyoung nodded coldly because she knew what Jihyo wants.

"What?!" Jihyo yelled in shock then tried to hide it "I- I mean why would you stay with someone you don't love"

Chaeyoung reached her outburst  but she always reminds herself of Dowan's words so she contains herself but Jihyo is taking insolence to another level which made Chaeyoung snap.

"Who told you that I don't love him. I do love him and so does he so I don't see why we should split up. He has nothing to do with his father's doings" Chaeyoung yelled at her "and why do you care what I do, shouldn't you be more worried about my health rather than my love life"

"But--" Jihyo was trying to talk back but was interrupted by the door which clacked revealing the nurse who came running after hearing Chaeyoung's screams.

"Ma'am you need to leave, the patient is still recovering. You can't put her on any kind of stress" the nurse said.

The nurse escorted Jihyo out leaving Chaeyoung boiling in anger. She didn't love Suga or anything but Jihyo's shamelessness made her burst.

"How dare she?" Chaeyoung talked to herself then immediately took out her phone to call Dowan.

"That bitch came here to make sure I'm breaking up with Yoongi. There's nothing more"

"what else did she say?" Dowan asked.

"she kept irritating me until the nurse intervened and told her to leave" Chaeyoung said "Dowan-ah, I really need to get out of here asap, I can't take it anymore"

"Don't worry, you'll have a checkup tomorrow then you'll be discharged. Just be patient"

Chaeyoung tried to calm herself so she lay on her bed and tried to keep herself busy but the news she saw disturbed her even more.

BTS Suga halts all activities due to personal reasons

"what?! what personal reasons?" Chaeyoung frowned feeling more confused

"ugh!" She screamed "I need to get out of here now"

"Are you worried about him that's why you want to leave?" Someone walked in suddenly.

"Hajoon-shi ?! What brought back?"

"I came secretly from Dowan because we agreed not to tell you anything that disturbs you but seeing how worried you look I can't keep it from you"

"what is it? what happened to him?"

"he's been into a car accident that's he looked sick when visited you"

"is he okay now?"

"Yes but there's something I need you to keep in mind" Hajoon said "Yoongi is innocent. He has nothing to do with his father's business"

"Stop being biased Hajoon-shi" chaeyoung scoffed "that fox is trying his best to make me fall for him so I stop fighting his father"

"That's one reason. He's a victim himself. Do you really know why Mr. Min wanted you two get married? He wants Yoongi to take the fall in case anything happens. He has everything planned so try to trust Yoongi even a bit"

"I'm sorry I can't do that I mean try to put yourself in my shoe. He's an enemy no matter how nice you think he is, he can't turn tables against his own father"

"I hope you don't regret this decision Chaeyoung-shi" Hajoon stood up to leave.

"Thank you anyway for trying to help me" Chaeyoung smiled widely.