Shattered

"After hearing the pleas of the plaintiff" the judge said then turned to Chaeyoung's direction "does the defendant plead guilty?"

"Your honour! My client doesn't plead guilty" Kim Dowan, Chaeyoung's lawyer, stood up "Son Chaeyoung doesn't plead guilty"

The judge looked through the evidence but couldn't find a solid proof to convict neither parts. The court was adjourned and everyone left except Chaeyoung who couldn't move on account of confusion.

"Don't give up Chaeyoung-ah" Dowan smiled as he packed his papers "we still have the next session to prove your innocence"

"What if you can't" Chaeyoung started tearing up "what am I supposed to do? Go to jail?"

"Chaeyoung-ah! You did nothing, you're innocent. So don't worry! The truth will be revealed soon"

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and held herself together and left. She still can't believe that she's been busted the best way.

Son Chaeyoung or TWICE Chaeyoung, a very popular idol who, thanks to her hard work and successful career, earned a lot of money and started investing. She started one of the hugest fashion companies under which hundreds of people work. It was her life goal to start her own brand and it came true. However, she's never thought that her dream would turn into a nightmare. Before she knew, everything was taken away from her and she was accused of Money Laundering. Min Kyungyoung is the name that put her life on the rocks.

Chaeyoung walked out of the court accompanied by Dowan who is both her lawyer and best friend. She looked very pale as she thought of the mess she got involved in. Chaeyoung snapped out of the negative thoughts when she saw Dowan pointing to Min Kyungyoung's direction.

"Isn't that your colleague?" Dowan said.

"Huh? Colleague? What colleague?" Chaeyoung shook her head.

"The one with Min Kyungyoung. Isn't he a BTS member?"

"He is indeed" Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes "what is he doing with him?"

"Guess Min Kyungyoung has a great support team"

Chaeyoung looked in disgust and hopped in her car to go home.

"Dowan-ah! Keep me updated" Chaeyoung waved as she started the car "I'll see you soon"
She bid goodbye to Dowan and left letting her destiny in his hands. She drove to the dorm where she found the Twice members eagerly waiting.

"What happened?" Mina asked "how did it go?"

"Bad" Chaeyoung shrugged "they couldn't convict anyone"

"What are they going to do now?" Nayeon asked.

"I don't know. There's another trial next week" Chaeyoung said then was about to go to her room but was interrupted by her phone "who is it?"

"Chaeyoung-sshi, it's about your case. I left a document on your office, check it ASAP"

"What? Who is that?" Chaeyoung wanted to ask many questions but the caller hung up and turned the phone off so she can't call back.
She couldn't think of anything else other than going to her office to check it out. Once there, her assistant ran to her and told her that someone secretly entered the office. Chaeyoung looked around carefully but didn't find anything missing. Instead, she found a file on her desk with a 'read me' note. She opened the file and she was extremely shocked when she found every evidence about Min Kyungyoung blackmailing her. Feeling over the moon, she quickly called Dowan who joined her in no time.

"Who could it be?" Dowan wondered.

"I don't know, no one knows about my case other than my family and the members" Chaeyoung held her head.

"We can't trust this source Chaeyoung-ah" Dowan said.

"But it's exactly what that scumbag did to me, how can't we trust it?" Chaeyoung protested.

"What if it's a set up?" Dowan hypothesised "we can't trust a random file given by someone we don't even know who he is"

"What now?" Chaeyoung got helpless.

"I'll take that, examine it carefully and see what I can do about it" Dowan patted Chaeyoung's shoulder as he took the file and left.
For a while moment, Chaeyoung prepared herself mentally to go to jail but she shook away those thoughts and put all her trust on Dowan.