Karma

"inmate 4537, you have a visitor" the officer said to Jihyo who was sitting in her cell.
She walked behind the officer until they reached the visiting room. Jihyo looked up through the glass window and found the person she wanted to see the least.

"You look great in the prison uniform" Chaeyoung smirked making Jihyo's rage stir.

"Don't be too happy about it, once I'm out of here, you'll see what the real Jihyo could do"

"The real Jihyo! Hmmm" Chaeyoung hummed ironically "I wonder who the real Jihyo is" Chaeyoung laid her hand in the window's edge "is it the artist who worked so hard to be a star or the one who abetted monopoly?"

"I-it doesn't matter now, I'm the one who's going to destroy you and reclaim everything"

"What did you claim in first place?" Chaeyoung asked trying to irritate Jihyo "What was yours and got taken away from you? is it my husband who rejected you but you kept throwing yourself at him?"

Jihyo clutched the tip of her uniform tightly due to extreme rage, she knew she was helpless but she refused to show surrender especially in Chaeyoung's presence. She tried her best to contain herself but it all went in vain when Chaeyoung uttered those unexpected words.

"Anyway I'm not here to waste my time, I came to make a deal" Chaeyoung spoke like the boss she was.

A deal? Hundreds of scenarios ran inside Jihyo's head but none of them made sense. Why would Chaeyoung want to make a deal when she has the upper hand. Even though she threatened Chaeyoung but she knew deep inside that she has already lost and can't even afford to debate.
She looked carefully at the pleased Chaeyoung and tried to figure out her intentions but she couldn't guess anything.

"Silence is the best answer" Chaeyoung chuckled at Jihyo's helplessness "now here's the thing, I'm dropping all charges against you, but of course I expect something from you "

"And what is that?" Jihyo narrowed her eyes.

"You'll release a public apology stating all your doings and after that consider yourself free"

"We both know that you don't have the power to change anything. It's in the prosecution's hand" Jihyo rolled her eyes "I won't bite that"

"We both know that I don't have such power, but we also know that I have a lawyer who took down the great Min Kyungyoung"

Ouch! Even Jihyo knew that it was very true. Being the helpless criminal that she is, she was left with no choice other than to accept Chaeyoung's help.

"W-will you really help me i-if I apologize?"  she cursed herself for stuttering.

"Of course, why wouldn't I!" Chaeyoung smirked with no sympathy "I mean you're my teammate after all"

"Okay, I will" Jihyo looked down.

"We're set then" Chaeyoung stood up "ah, unnie! Did you get a nose job? You look quite different"