Kabanata 26: Amel's Birthday

Amel's Point Of View:

Hindi ko ma epinta ang mukha ko when I come home, my body is heavy and my head still hurts, I feel like I will fall on the sofa at any moment.

"Kumusta ang pakiramdam mo masakit pa ba ang ulo mo Anak?" I held my head still in pain.

"Opo Ma masakit until now." habang hinahawakan ko ang aking ulo nakita ko ang isang gamot na nakalahad sa kamay ni Mama may dala din siyang isang basong tubig.

"Inumin mo iyan anak para mawala ang sakit ng ulo mo." I sat up and took the medicine that Mama gave me, I put it in my mouth and then I put water on it so that the medicine would slip out of my mouth.

"Where are the twins, Ma?" nakita ko ang pagiba ng mukha ni Mama parang kinakabahan siya.

"Nandon sa kanilang kwarto natutulog." Mama stammered and my forehead immediately frowned.

"They went to bed ng maaga?." It's only 6pm and they are asleep and their bedtime is 8pm and they don't even want to go to bed early.

"Siguro napagod iyon sa paglalaro kanina." maybe they're got tired of fighting earlier and fell asleep.

"Earlier Ma did you bake a cake?" my stomach was simmering I was still weakly stroking it.

"Oo anak, nagugutom ka ba ipapaghanda kita ng pagkain." I just closed my eyes and nodded in response.

"Yes Ma," I took off my high heels and naglalakad ng naka paa patungo sa aking kwarto.

I went into my room and there i dropped my body on the bed exhausting today it gave me a headache because of Samantha’s news.

I really hope I didn't just ask who was with Cedrick in the meeting and then I'll just know that Leah and Ashero were there, I'm wondering why Ashero was involved?

What will Ashero do there? Wala naman siyang sinabi sa akin noon na may companya siya siguro dahil 6 years narin ang lumipas marami na ang nag bago.

Bakit ba ako nag agree sa meeting sana talaga hindi nalang ako pumayag.

Umalis ako sa kama at tumayo and went to the closet, I was looking for something to wear because I was still going to eat, I didn't want to go hungry just because of my problem.

After I got dressed, I immediately went out of the closet wearing my white slippers.

I tightened my neck and grabbed my nape as I walked towards my kitchen where I was going to eat.

It's amazing because wala akong nakikitang maids na nandito sa bahay and I don't hear any noise, I can only hear the sound of my slippers at naramdaman ko rin ang kunting kilabot na bumabalot sa katawan ko.

When I arrived at the kitchen, there was no light, all I could see was black. I looked for the switch. Fortunately, I had memorized the things here in the mansion.

When I turn on the light, umulan ng makukulay na bagay at kasabay din ng kanilang pag sigaw.

I turned to look at the people, they were all here, as well as the twins. They were holding a banner that made my heart soften. I even covered my mouth and kept the tears from dripping down my cheeks.

"Happy 29th Birthday! Ma'am/Anak/Mommy!" they shouted at the same time causing me to give them a sweet smile the twins suddenly ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

I knelt down to match them I hugged them back and filled their faces with a kiss. I laughed softly when I saw their faces full of kiss marks.

I was about to hug them again when they suddenly ran and went to the table full of food.

I was surprised because they were holding not one cake but two cakes, the twins also lit their candles, one was 2 and the other was 9.

Ngumiti ako sa kambal and i'm really not like before a Teenage girl that whatever we do is possible except sa mga bisyo at boyfriend.

I would have blown out the candle if someone had stopped me from blowing it.

"Mom! Wish first before blowing out the candle." I was just shaken and quickly turned a blind eye, my wish is simple.

That secret is I don’t want anyone else to know my wish other than me my wish is unlikely to happen.

"Blow the candle!" at the same time the twins shouted, I laughed softly because they also went along with the candle blowing.

When I blew out the candle, they all shouted at the same time.

"Let's eat?" I offer to the housemates here, a family what we call here inside the mansion.

"We're just here Maam." they pointed to the large table that looked ready so I just nodded and sat down on a chair to eat.

"That's why you were nervous earlier, Ma." I smiled bitterly at Mama who now smiled as well.

"I'm really nervous because the plan might not go ahead and we're still preparing for it." Mama speaks while she is eating and I also ate more because of the taste of Mama's cooking.

"Who planned this?" the kitchen is well -organized, maybe not Mama because she also doesn't know how to do this.

"Your twin." At the same time, we looked at the twins who were eating the cake, Calix and Astriel still had icing on their faces.

"Alam mo bang barbie sana ang theme ng decoration?" barbie? I'm not a kid for barbies but it's a good thing that the theme didn't become barbie because it might be rumored again.

"What happened? Why isn't the theme barbie?" I looked at the roses they made with colorful designs and my favorite flower was still there.

"This Astriel wants barbie. It's good that Calix stopped her right away. Mabuti nalang ay na isip ito ni Calix." bukod sa pagiging makulit ni Astriel ay meron di  itong pagka isip bata minsan ay umaandar ito kapag hindi niya nakuha ang gusto niyang candy.

Symepre as a mother I will not agree with what my child wants because it is bad for health a lot of sugar my child can get sick because of it

"Maganda ang surprise na ito Ma nawala bigla ang sakit ng ulo ko at mga problema ko, tapos nakalimutan ko pa'ng birthday ko ngayon. " honestly i don't know that it's my birthday today sometimes i don't look at the calendar and sometimes i really forget when my birthday is.

My age also got higher and higher, my face changed even more as if it had matured.

I still can't forget that I always dream of Cedrick sometimes I dream he died right in front of me.

I also cry when I see the blood on his body I don't know but it seems like my dream is real.

Whatever it is, I hope it disappears and I can't dream of Cedrick again 6 years later but I don't know if I've really been able to move on or not.

But my mind was able to move on that I don't know if my heart has forgotten or is still trying to find it.