❀ 1- Strange Suggestion

Just like another year of high school, another long summer has passed, and school was back again.

Unlike most students...
I was actually glad summer was over.

"Hyeri! It's time to get up for school!"
My mother banged on my bedroom door, and I started to groan, pulling my warm duvet covers over my head as I refused to wake up.

It was such a wrong idea to stay up until 2 in the morning, finishing up my favorite drama when the next day was the first day of school.

Particularly My Love From Another Star.

"HYERI. WHAT DID I SAY THE FIRST TIME-"

"Okay mom, I'm up!" I say irritatedly as I sat up, my eyes puffy and half open.

I yawned loudly, and tasted my morning breath, and scrunched my nose in disgust.

"I made you breakfast! Hurry up and brush your teeth and get dressed for school!"

As soon as I heard her quick paced footsteps walking away from my bedroom door, I fell back onto my bed and laid my head back down onto the pillow and hugged it, wishing I could stay in my bed forever and ever.

After taking what seemed forever just to get out of my bed, I walked sluggishly into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, still not getting used to seeing myself with short hair now.

I began to brush my teeth and took a shower right afterwards.

After that, I walked back to my bedroom, and opened my closet dramatically.

"Hmm what should I wear for the first day of school..." I say to myself, tapping a finger on my lips as I glanced back and forth.

"Oh! This one of course!"

I say sarcastically, and reached forward and pulled out one of the many black clothing pieces I owned.

I decided to dress up a little since it's the first day of school, doing the utmost as I paired my black cropped top shirt with a black skater print skirt, along with my black new converses.

After putting on my makeup, which consists of eyeliner and dark red lips, I threw my backpack onto my shoulders, and ruffled my short hair in the mirror so it would give off a puffy look to my bob.

I was ready. This was my new look, my new side and personality to start off this year. I was no longer that Hyeri who was full of aegyo and sweetness. I was now... cold and bitter Hyeri.

I smirked at myself in the mirror, and turned away and walked out of my bedroom.

After breakfast, I was making my way out the door when my dad started giving me another lecture of my new dressing, which, I blocked him out by putting earphones in my ears, and popped mint gum into my mouth, chewing loudly while at it.

I've heard enough of my,"wild behavior" and "inappropriate dressing" last summer, and just about enough from my dad on the way to school.

"Have fun at school now Hyeri," my dad said after the long lecture as I opened the front door, and was about to walk out. "and pull your skirt down, it's too high!"

I rolled my eyes, and pulled my backpack up and onto my shoulders, placing a black beanie onto my head that has the words BADDEST FEMALE in bold print.

Upon seeing it, my dad just sighed.

"Hyeri, what did I just tell you-"

"Bye dad!" I yelled as I slammed the door shut, interrupting him and turned and walked in the direction towards the school.