❀ 8- Basketball Court

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V

I sat in my kitchen chair, with my head down, I stared idly at the pill bottles that sat in a row in front of me. My mother came in the kitchen and saw me, and gave me a weary smile.

"Did you have fun at the mall?" She asked me as she sat down on the chair next to me. She raised her hand, and started to stroke my hair, and I sighed and shook my head yes. She chuckled.

"That's good to hear. Were there any girls?"

"Mom!" I sat back up abruptly, and she was laughing at me.

"Aigoo... you know I just have to make sure if my son is having any feelings for a girl so I can prepare." She winked, and I just scoffed at her reply and she started to laugh again.

I stood up from my seat."Mom, I'm going to go practice with the boys."

"Now? But it's almost 5 o' clock. And I don't think it's safe for you-" She said while looking at the clock that hung on the kitchen wall.

"I'll be back before dinner, I promise." I said to her, and she got up and gave me a hug.

"Have fun, and don't forget about the time. I'm making a very good meal tonight." She said as she patted my back, and let me go.

I waved her goodbye, and made my way out the front door, and grabbed the basketball on the way out.

I pulled my hoodie up on my head, and stuck one of my hands in my jacket pockets as I walked towards the basketball court inside near the playground. I wasn't exactly going out to meet Yoongi and them all, I wanted to have some time to myself as I play my favorite sport.

As I walked, I took deep breaths enjoying the fresh air. I looked up at the sky to see it still was a blue sunny sky, and it made me feel even more refreshed as I walked towards the basketball court.

As I was bouncing the ball as I walked, I didn't see there was already a person in the basketball court. I stopped bouncing the ball and held it against me as I looked through the fence to see who it was.

Their figure was not like a guys, so it must be a girl. She had her hoodie on her head, and her back towards me, so I couldn't make out who it was. She wasn't playing basketball, since the ball was laying there far from where she was at. What she was doing caused me to worry for her.

She was kicking the basketball hoop pole, yelling things I couldn't understand like;

"How dare you!"

"Dirt bag piece of crap!"

"I hate you!"

I came out from where I was hiding, and slowly made my way inside the court while I watched her.

"Gahhh!" She yelled, and kicked with all her might and screamed in pain when she fell down on the ground, holding her foot close to her.

Her hoodie fell off, and I could tell right away who it was with that short hair of hers.

Her whole body shuttered with every breath she took, and I knew she was crying really hard. I didn't know why she was so upset like this, and it pained me to see her crying like that. She always seemed so strong in front of people, but was she hiding the fact that she was weak on the inside?

I approached her from behind, trying my best to be quiet with every step I took towards her. By now she was hugging her knees, sitting there like a little ball rocking back and forth.