𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ONE YEAR AGO

Jonah Parker skated out of Hawkins High,  the school day coming to a close

Jonah Parker skated out of Hawkins High, the school day coming to a close. He really didn't have much plans in mind except to lock himself in his room and blast his awesome 80s rock playlist. His father would most likely be out trying to pick up some lady from the local bar which meant Jonah would have the entire house to himself. It wouldn't always be like that, seeing as how Jonah used to be able to come home to his mother having a snack on the table ready for him.

But that was all over now, and instead of hearing her happy laugh he was met with pure silence.

Jonah pursed his lips and continued to make his way further away from the high school when something caught his eye.

Tommy H was dangling a camera up in the air while a boy was desperately trying to get it back. Jonah stopped what he was doing and watched the scene go down in front of him. He quickly recognized the boy as Johnathan Byers, who sat behind him in math class. The two never bothered to share a glance with each other, seeing as how they were completely different.

While Jonah got attention from fighting and causing trouble johnathan didn't get attention at all and hung his head low.

"Come on bitch boy, take your camera back." Tommy laughed and Jonah rolled his eyes, not being able to watch anymore.

"Give it back Tommy." Jonah demanded stepping in front of the boy. Johnathans eyes widened, not expecting Jonah Parker of all people to stand up for him.

"What'd you say?" Tommy questioned, almost as if his eyes were deceiving.

"Get a life man. Give him the camera back."

"I can't believe this. You're sticking up for him?" Tommy laughed.

"All right, I tried playing nice guy but it's getting boring." Jonah threw a punch to Tommy's face sending him and the camera flying to the ground. Just before the camera could become damaged however Jonah caught it in his hands.

"Get the fuck out of here Tommy."

Tommy held his jaw in pain and ran off, leaving the two boys alone. Jonah dusted off the camera and handed it to johnathan, who's eyes were still wide and in shock.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked lowly.

"Do what?"

"Get my camera back. No one's ever done that for me before."

"Oh uh, that sucks." Jonah said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He didn't really know how to socialize with people unless he was throwing a punch so this was a little weird for him. Johnathan was silent as well, looking over his camera to check if it was damaged.

"It's a cool camera." Jonah complimented, finding his voice once more. Johnathan looked at him, furrowing his brows.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I've seen you use it a few times and I'm assuming it means a lot to you?"

"Yeah. I can show you how to use it if you want?" Johnathan suggested shrugging his shoulders. Jonah let out a low laugh at that.

"Really?"

"O-Only if you want to of course. I-I just don't want it to seem like I'm pressuring you."

"Pressuring me to do what, man? Check out an awesome camera?" Jonah joked and johnathan lightly smiled at that. Jonah picked up his board and nodded his head signaling for johnathan to follow him.

"Where are we going?" He questioned trying to keep up with how fast jonah was walking.

"To get root beers, obviously. And then you'll teach me how to use the camera. Consider me your new friend."

"F-Friend?"

"Yeah! What, you don't wanna be my friend?" Jonah asked suddenly stopping and turning around.

"Of course not! It's just.......I've never had a friend before."

"That'd be embarrassing if I didn't have any either. We can be each other's friends, yeah?"

Johnathan once more smiled softly and weakly nodded, before following Jonah to the local diner to grab root beers.

yasss we stan this friendship already.

jonah being protective over johnathan already has my heart 😭