𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 '𝟖𝟒

this takes place during season two for anyones who's confused!!!

Jonah Parker never used to really care about Christmas. Well, back when his mother was alive he did. He thought it was the best holiday in the universe. But when Gracie Parker took her last breath that's when Jonahs Christmas spirit died. No more decorations, no more baking cookies, no more gagging when Gracie and Derek would share a kiss under the mistletoe. All of that was gone, and for a while Jonah never thought he was going to get any of that back.

But when he met Jonathan, everything changed. He opened Jonahs eyes up to love and happiness and most importantly, Christmas spirit. It was the main reason Jonah fell in love with the Byers boy. He pretty much had nothing but could still light up Jonahs world with a simple joke or smile. Jonathan never pressured Jonah to talk about why he stopped celebrating Christmas when they first met, instead he just helped Jonah see the light once more.

And he couldn't be anymore grateful.

Christmas of '84 was a Christmas to remember, that was certain. Jonahs never had so much fun in his life and never laughed so hard at the same time. Everything was just perfect.

"Jonah! Jonathan! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Will shouted, running inside Jonathans room and starting to jump on his bed. There was just one thing Jonah couldn't stand about Christmas.

How early Will woke up. Last year he woke up at about 5:30 in the morning and practically demanded that everyone opened their presents. But Jonah stuck through it for Wills sake, not having the guts to tell Will to sleep in for gods sake.

Jonathan rolled over on top of Jonah and placed the blanket over both of their body's. Jonathan shared the same issue as his boyfriend, not being able to stand waking up so early in the morning.

"Come on! We have to open presents!" Will continued to shake the two teens awake until they eventually opened their eyes and yawned loudly.

"Will, what time is it?" Jonah groaned.

"6:15."

"6:15?" Jonathan repeated, a little harsher then intended. Jonah hit his arm and sent him a look. As pissed as he was that he was being woken up so early, he still had to keep it together and remember that in a couple of hours he could just pass out again and not wake up till noon. Will eventually ran out the room to wake up his mother leaving the two teens alone.

Jonathan rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep before Jonahs eyes widened and he hit him over the head with a pillow.

"Get the hell up. I'm not doing this alone." He stated.

"Can't you just cover for me and say I got sick?"

"No!"

Jonathan rolled over and shook his head. "I thought you loved me."