𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧:𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

"You sure you're gonna be ok?" Nancy softly asked once they pulled up in front of Bens house

"You sure you're gonna be ok?" Nancy softly asked once they pulled up in front of Bens house. The boy knew the time for running was over and that he was eventually going to have to go home. Jonah was already forced him, which meant eventually the same thing was going to happen. In a way Ben was saving himself instead of hurting himself. Like that made any sense. Ben just sent her a nod and started to get out of the car. However Nancy grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to kiss his cheek. Ben blushed a deep red and grinned.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"Consider it my parting gift." And with that Nancy drove off leaving Ben standing in front of his house grinning like a complete idiot. However the grin didn't last long once he turned around to face his house.

"No backing out now." He mumbled walking up to the front door and opening it. Of course the first thing he had to hear was the sound of Billy's annoying music. He blasted it each time he worked out and it gave him a migraine every single time. Max walked out of her room to see Ben standing there.

"You're so dead. Your dad was freaking out when you didn't come home." She mentioned walking up and hugging him tightly. Ben and Max were close, way closer then her and Billy were. They would listen to music together and Ben would help Max with homework when she was on the verge of a breakdown. Overall Ben saw Max as a little sister and not some stranger living in the same house as him.

"Is he here?" Ben questioned, trying to hide the fear in his voice. Max frowned and nodded, and right on cue a door opened and Neil stepped out with a look of anger. Ben placed Max behind him in an attempt to protect her. Max sent Ben a worried look as she held onto his arm.

"Go your room Maxine." Neil demanded and Max sent Ben one more look of worry before walking back inside her room. Billy's music still blasted loudly and Neil growled in anger before banging on Billy's door.

"Turn that down! Now!"

Billy's music was turned down and Ben gulped when Neil took a step towards him.

"You wanna tell me where the hell you've been these last couple days?"

"I was j-just  hanging out with some f-friends, that's all." Ben stammered. He hated how he had to be so afraid of his father. No child should be afraid of someone who's supposed to love them like their life depended on it. Just as Ben could continue to explain himself Neil slapped him across the face knocking him into the wall. Ben held his cheek which was now stinging red.

"You never leave this house without my permission! Were you out with that slut, Nancy Wheeler? I saw her car outside."

"Don't talk about her like that!" Ben snapped and was met with being punched across the face by Neil once more. Ben didn't even get a chance to react before he was being kicked in the ribs and being slammed against the wall. He expected this reaction, he just forgot how bad it all hurt.