𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫:𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

After babysitting Eleven Mike forced Jonah to swear he wouldn't tell anyone about the girl

After babysitting Eleven Mike forced Jonah to swear he wouldn't tell anyone about the girl. Jonah swore and now he was ten bucks richer.

But today Jonah walked through the halls of Hawkins High, carrying around flyers. Joyce printed them out the other day and pleaded Jonah to put them up around school. And that's exactly what he was doing.

Drinking orange juice and putting up flyers around the school. Eventually he made his way to where Jonathan stood, talking with Nancy Wheeler. What the hell was he doing talking to her? He didn't know why, but jealousy seethed through his blood. He took another sip of his orange juice and walked towards Jonathan when Nancy walked off.

"What was that about stranger?" He joked. Jonathan chuckled and turned to face Jonah who leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Nothing. She was just talking to me about Will, that's all."

Jonah frowned and took yet another sip of his orange juice. He didn't know why, but there was something about it that left him addicted. "Yeah, you doing ok with that? Sorry I haven't been able to check in lately. Things have been insane."

Jonah knew he couldn't tell Jonathan about eleven, and that insane didn't even describe the last few days he's been having. However his main priority was being there for Jonathan and making sure Jim and Joyce were doing ok.

"I'm fine. You don't look fine though."

"Yeah well that's what lack of sleep does to you."

"Maybe a drive will wake you up again." Jonathan grabbed Jonah's wrist and dragged him out of the building. Jonathan softly smiled at Jonah causing a light blush to appear on his cheeks.

What the fuck?

Was he really blushing right now?

No, no way was he blushing over his best friend. That was his friend and he was blushing. Jonah simply shook his head and got in the passenger seat while Jonathan got in the drivers.

Should I Stay or Should I go blasted through the radio and Jonah leaned his head onto the window. Memories came flooding in and he couldn't really stop himself from thinking about Will. He was such a good kid.

Flashback:
It was the middle of summer vacation and Jonah was on babysitting duty. Joyce promised to pay Jonah but the boy insisted it was free of charge. Will loved coming over to Jonah's house anyway, especially during the summer. And so while Jonah was cleaning his room Will sat on the couch reading comics until he walked in Jonah's room.

"Whats up bud?" Jonah asked kicking a pair of jeans into his closet. Will just walked in and sat on his bed.

"Can you teach me how to be cool?"

"Cool?" Jonah repeated, furrowing his brows. Will nodded and pointed to Jonah's skateboard.

"I wanna learn how to skate and fight. You're so cool, and everyone knows you. No one knows me."