𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞:𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Jonah woke up to the sun shining brightly on his face

Jonah woke up to the sun shining brightly on his face. His sheets no longer covered his body leaving his half naked body exposed. Jonah let out a low groan and rolled over to check the time on his alarm clock, which read 7:30.

"Five more minutes can't do any harm." He mumbled to himself before pulling the sheets over his body once more and falling asleep. Turns out five minutes turned into twenty minutes. By the time he woke up again his father was already up as well, the sound of his stomping could be heard throughout the house.

"Ah shit." He mumbled opening his eyes again. Jonah didn't like to get ready for school when his dad was awake, because that was the prime time for Derek Parker to start picking on his son. It's also the reason why Jonah barley slept the night at his house anymore. He would've stayed with Johnathan but he had to babysit his younger brother pretty much forcing him to go home.

"Jonah! Get your ass up now!" Derek yelled pounding on his sons door. Jonah rolled his eyes and got out of bed, picking up a hoodie and pair of jeans he happened to find lying around on the ground. Derek once more pounded on Jonah's door and Jonah banged right back, telling Derek to fuck off basically.

After Jonah got ready he walked out of his room and into the bathroom, where he was met with major bed head. It wasn't his fault he tossed and turned a lot during the night. And so Jonah brushed his teeth and combed out his hair before stepping out of the bathroom to be met with a fuming Derek.

"Morning dad." Jonah mumble walking past him and into the kitchen. He almost tripped over five beer cans and he picked all of them up throwing them in the trash. Derek followed his son to the kitchen, his jaw clenching at how casually he was acting.

"You piece of shit, look at me!" Derek yelled and Jonah turned around to face his dad.

"What dad?" He was honestly sick and tired of having his dad yell at him and belittle him for no reason. Just two more years. Two more years and Jonah would leave Hawkins and never look back.

"You didn't wash the dishes." Jonah turned his head to see he in fact didn't wash the dishes and they were still piled up in the sink. He turned back to face his dad who still looked like he wanted to punch Jonah across the face.

"I was exhausted last night. I'll do them when I come back from school."

"No goddamnit you'll do them now!"

"Dad, you never notice half the shit I do around this house. How are you just noticing I don't do the dishes?" Jonah exclaimed and he immediately realized his mistake. He's never supposed to raise his voice around Derek. Especially when he wakes up hungover. In a second Jonah was backed up into a wall and Derek was in his face.

"You piece of shit, are you calling me a deadbeat?"

Yes.

"N-No." Jonah replied, trying not to throw up when Derek's beer breath hit his face.