𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞:𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞

Jonah didn't even really process what was happening

Jonah didn't even really process what was happening. He was too high and too tired to tune into the real world. And so he sat next to Jonathan at the dinner table as he picked at his food and eventually slowly started to eat.

"So there I was, headed down the I-5, going to see a client in Ventura. I'm looking for a motel to stay for the night, and suddenly, bam, it hits me. "Didn't they Byers move here?"" Murray mentioned as he was explaining how he showed up at the house in the first place.

"Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." Joyce replied as she laughed as well.

"So I thought "Why don't I drop in, say hello to my old friends?""

"It's so sweet of you."

"Sweeter of you to let me stay."

"And cleans. A regular little housewife."

Jonahs bloodshot eyes darted back and forth as he let out a yawn soon afterwards.

"I'd be tempted, Joyce, except, you know, you have that uh......."

"Right, that business trip." Joyce mentioned causing Jonah to furrow his brows and send Joyce a confused look.

"Business trip? What business trip?" Will questioned. Jonah took a piece of bread and split it with Jonathan as they paid no mind to the conversation.

"Oh my gosh. I almost forgot to tell you guys. This thing came up at work..."

"Can you pass me the olive oil?" Jonathan asked Argyle.

"That's wine."

"I thought it was apple juice." Jonah's jaw dropped in awe as he stared at the wine bottle which was supposed to be apple juice.

"So do eskimos, like, still live in igloos or uh, are they like fully blown, like living in the....in the suburbs now?" Argyle questioned causing Jonah to snicker and almost drink salad dressing before Jonathan gently it out of his hand and replaced it with water.

"Who is this?"

"So, Jonathan, this means you're gonna hand to, you know, take charge while I'm gone."

"Wait. What? What's going on?" Jonathan replied.

"Mama Joyce is going to Alaska." Jonah whispered loudly.

"Alaska? What's going on in Alaska?"

"The Britannicas are there."

"Yeah, the eskimos!" Jonah added with a nod of his head.

"What?" Mike asked, staring at Jonah with an odd look.

"Jonathan, Jonah, what's wrong with you?"

"I think I know what's wrong with them." Murray muttered under his breath.