𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱:𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

News of Will Byers body being found in a lake spread quickly through the town of Hawkins

News of Will Byers body being found in a lake spread quickly through the town of Hawkins. Jonah was destroyed by the news. He didn't get out of bed for days and when he did get out of bed it was only because his dad threatened to beat his ass if he didn't get out of bed.

Jonathan wasn't doing any better either.

The two haven't had a chance to talk ever since Jonah got choked with milk and Jonathan's camera got destroyed. Jonah desperately wanted to talk to Jonathan, to check up on how he was doing. But everytime he attempted to get out of bed his heart ached and he was forced to lay back down.

"You can't lay in bed forever. Get the hell up." Derek said bursting inside Jonah's room. Jonah didn't say anything, just laid on his side staring at the window. How could he possibly get up right now? His practically little brother was dead. And Jonah didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

"Just leave me alone." Jonah whispered after a moment.

"What did you say?"

"I said leave me alone! Can't you do that? I'll clean the fucking house! Just get out!" Jonah screamed throwing a can of soda at the door causing it to burst. Derek stared at his son in shock, before scoffing and slamming his door shut. Jonah rested his head back on his pillow which was damp from tears. He cried so much he didn't know if he could cry anymore. His hands reached to clutch the pillow tightly, tears of anger streaming down his cheeks.

Instead of his dad comforting him and helping him get through this grief all he did was yell at him. Jonah just wanted the pain to end. When would it end? His throat was still sore from choking and throwing up milk, his eyes were bloodshot red and his head was throbbing. Jonah hated himself. Hated that he failed at getting Will back. After all the effort he put into finding him it all went down the drain.

Jonah didn't even realize a sob escaped his mouth until the tears came down quicker and heavier. Jonah let out another sob and soon he was sobbing into his pillow loudly. Normally his dad would've came in and yelled at him to shut up but even Derek was smart enough not to mess with Jonah while he was emotional. Jonah sobbed and sobbed until he got so tired he passed out onto his pillow.

Derek walked back into his room at the sight of Jonah passed out. Tear stains were evident on his face and each time he took a breath he hiccuped in between. The man frowned, walking over to place a blanket over his son. Today of all days Derek was sober which meant he semi cared for his son. Jonah snuggled into his pillow and snored softly. Derek turned his head towards a photo of Gracie, his wife and Jonah's mother. He looked so much like her. The same eyes, the same hair, same personality.

"I need you back Gracie." He whispered, holding the picture close to him. It was of her holding a five month year old Jonah in her arms. Derek sniffled and exited his sons room, leaving him to sleep.

*******
Jonah woke up when he felt something over his body. Furrowing his brows, he was shocked to see a warm blanket covering his shirtless body. Who put the blanket on him? Jonah swore he fell asleep almost freezing to death. Jonah got up out of bed and walked out of his room to see Derek sitting at the table drowning beer per usual.