Bonus chapter #9: Everything takes Time

POV: Claws

Time: 21 years ago. 200,001

Note: This story can be skipped unless you want lore building.

An orange, white, and black Bengal tiger sat near the edge of the freezing borders of the Aquillo Mountains and the Flors Jungle. It wasn't snowing yet, but he could sense that it might be depending on the winds today. The sky was cloudy for the most part.

Claws were waiting for someone whom he wanted to speak to beforehand. Someone special that is.

Suddenly, an dark brown striped with streaking Navy blue eyes Bengal tiger came running towards him. The Bengal tiger looked like he's been running for hours. When will he ever learn no one will know.

"Your late." Claws said as soon as Navy got close enough for him not to have to yell. The prince held a sly smile while doing so.

Claws enjoyed teasing and messing with his soon-to-be brother. Well, if King Arrow didn't get what he wants, that is.

Claws didn't let a frown show. He won't let his father get what he wanted.

Navy breathe in and out heavy. "I only got word like not even three hours ago that you wanted to speak to me!" He shot back. "What is it so important anyway?"

This was true. Very true.

However, there is another reason why he asked Navy to come here but wanted to break it down slowly.

"Ha!" Claws laughed with a smirk.

Navy as mate to be with Rosesis was allowed to live with the Royals after a year of engagement.

The orange, white, black tiger didn't realize how much he got along with the low rank until he moved in. At first, their relationship wasn't on good terms.

Until one day, Claws saw Navy in his free time that he didn't spend with Rosesis to study as much as he could.

So, Claws offer to tutor him for a price. To help get back at Leona for a prank that she did.

Claws saw him as a brother and wanted him to become one.

The two tigers stared at each other for roughly a minute, then burst out laughing.

*This must be what it's like to have a brother.* The Prince thought as he grinned. *Father cannot win.*

"So, anyway. Why did you ask me to come?" Navy questioned with a curious face.

"Oh, that. I wanted to give you some insight about Griffins." Claws stated with a fake grin.

"On what?" Suddenly Navy's eyes went wide and full of worry. "Please tell me that the King is not here!"

Claws shook his head no. "No, but he does hate you." The prince admitted.

"Yeah, he makes that clear every time he sees me," Navy said nonchalantly as if it didn't bother him.

However, Claws knew that it did.

What Navy didn't know was that Queen Lily didn't think a low rank with no gifts was a good match for her daughter.

*If only they truly see that they were more than a good match.* The orange, white, and black tiger thought.

Claws started walking further into the Aquillo Mountains territory with Navy head at his shoulder. It was customary that lower ranks walked behind higher ranks. He didn't understand this rule and none of Arrow's cubs follow this.

Well, only he wasn't looking.

"I don't understand why though. King Arrow does realize that I will do nothing to hurt Roseis in any way." Navy said as if it wasn't clear that just by his actions alone.