Chapter 38: Releazition

POV: Rex

The Bengal Tiger woke up with the sun glaring at him. However, now that he thought about it. The sun was more like calling him. Rex felt weird, and everything was numb. He couldn't feel his legs with one good check, everything appeared fine. No broken bones, or wounds. 

It took a few minutes until his vision came back, but once it did. Feathers, fur, hair, and a mixture of the two were against him in a tight hug. It was a nice hug, and he wished it could last longer.

"Give him space." Rex heard a stranger say. He couldn't make it out of the species but knew it had to be male.

The Bengal Tiger shook his head and took a deep looked at his friends. They did not look so good. Swamp looked like he was run over by a hippo, which hurt regardless of size. Currere looked sick as if she was using magic much longer than she was used to. Cursor and Kadupul looked like mud and ...

"OH MY, SNOW!!!! Are you two okay?" Rex immediately said as he saw blood. 

Rex didn't even realize the clouds nor the sky as the Stars of Fate were visible during the day.

The last thing he remembers was getting grabbed by Volatus, and everything went black. He was worried that the Griffin went after them."Rex, we are okay." Cursor said in an uneasy tone. She looked nervous, and her sweat and tears had the scent of fear.

Cursor never showed fear, not at least to him. The Leopard-girl always acted tougher than she needed to be like she had something to prove, which she never needed to do. The Leopard-girl was just as part of the family as he was. Blood didn't matter, and species did not either. 

Suddenly, Rex felt a paw on his paw. It was Kadupul who was crying and whimpering. "Look, nothing happens. I..." The faces fell, and Rex stopped talking. Something else happened to him. It wasn't just the blackout. It was more than that. "I died, didn't I?" The Prince spoke those words and felt empty. His legs and midsection felt like a rock as the pain began to appear. "AHHHHH!!!!" Rex lay down as the pain became unbearable. It was like nothing he ever felt.

Rex couldn't recall anything after Volatus had grabbed him and put his talons around his ... *Oh,* The brown tiger cub close his eyes and breath in and out.

"Yes and no," Swamp said in almost a whisper. 

Rex opened his eyes once more and realized that the Swamp Monster had something on his mind as he kept looking at his claws. "Swamp, I am sure that whatever happens, we can..." The Prince said after a few moments. 

"NO!!!!" Swamp shouted as he slammed himself to the ground, causing both Currere and Kadupul to jump and scurry out of the way. "I am a Trabea sanguis. I killed Volatus out of revenge and used that power to stop him. I also used my abilities to try to fix you, but I COULDN'T. I couldn't." The teal, tan Swamp Monster kept his eyes on the muddy ground.

The Prince was at the loss for words. He couldn't speak. Trabea sanguis or Blood Shifters were outlawed long ago as they are creatures of great evil. They kill other creatures to fuel their power. Everything that Rex learned in Lessons had to be correct, right?

However, Rex felt a great conflict as a creature, his friend was bowing before him. The Bengal Tiger looked from Swamp and noticed that everyone at least in the mountain valley had heard him. There was no way this could be kept a secret. 

Rex looked over to his mom, aunt, uncle, then father. *They all kept a secret from everyone and looked at how this turned out. Even if Swamp whispered it. This wouldn't be right for a ruler to keep this from the Island.* That is when Rex realized something. *Do I even want to be King?*