Bonus Chapter #11: Legend of Keket, the first song

After the Sirens came to Panthera Regina, stories ventured to the mainland, and chaos started.

Well, chaos is in the form of mass migration. The mainland was fully healed now. So, there was no longer need for humans or animals to be protected. Any Great Beast was leaving the island or changing.

Griffins were becoming rarer, the Dragons were shrinking, and the Phoenix went extinct two years ago. Humans thought their feathers could cure illness, which was false. Angels were becoming less bothersome as they were focusing too much on getting into the so-called safe haven island.

The Elves, Nymphs, and Fairies still refused to leave the mainland as they were often worshiped by the humans. However, this didn't last long for the Fairies, who claimed to be Changelings and were driven out.

Nymphs were being hunted for their ears.

This left the Elves to be the last Great Beast to make the journey to the island, but it wouldn't be how most would expect it.

The Elves survived so long on the mainland because of one thing.

They had the ability to Shift long before many others. They were the few that had this ability like the Angels, but they didn't use it for good. They used it to trick the humans into worshiping them. Humans believed this as they could take any form.

This story takes place in Egypt, around 3100 BCE. A young dark skin Elf was a member of the Royal family. She was the favorite adopted daughter of King Menes. It was tradition for an Elf to be part of the Royal Family to trick the public.

However, young Keket didn't enjoy this life as she was treated like an object and not a "person." "Princess Keket, you must sit straight." Her teacher lectured.

Keket knew that she shouldn't complain, but life in the palace wasn't amazing as others thought it would be. Even her own blood family thought it was a dream for the Pharaoh to choose their infant daughter to be the new Princess.

This was the life of Elves on the Mainland. They were well known and used by Royal Families everywhere to gain power.

Keket left the class and was walking home. At least, she convinced the Queen to allow her to have classes outside the Palace. She wanted an excuse to see her blood family, which wore fake ears or wigs to hide their real pointy ears.

The dark skin Elf went to the Nile River to calm herself down.

"What would happen to me if the King discovered that I am an Elf that can't Shift!!!" Keket broke down, crying on the riverbed.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps, and Keket quickly stood up and straightened out her white dress. A young woman that Keket recognized as the maid to one of the princes. She had black straight hair that match the Princess's hair. However, her growth was tan in color. What separated the women was that they were from different tribes.

"Oh, your grace." Maat bowed while holding a bucket to hold water in. "Princess Keket, please forgive me..."

"Please stop," Keket said, trying to wipe the tears away. "I hate lying. I am a fraud. I am an Elf that can't Shift!!" She couldn't understand why she confessed her sins, but she couldn't hold it anymore.

Maat at first was shocked but was surprised that the maid went over to her and gave the young Elf a hug.

After that day, Keket found a person that she could be herself around. Maat agreed to keep the secret and helped the Princess. After all, Elves only needed two things; to give the Royal family some magical blood and to help give the illusion that the Pharoah is the King.

Keket was to marry the first son of King Menes whom she did not care for, the first role of her job would be completed by her twelfth birthday, which was three days away. She would hate to find out if she has to prove the second part of her job.