Ch20. Shut up, dAD

Most of us were sitting on the sidelines- the benches

Most of us were sitting on the sidelines- the benches. We were patiently waiting for the first competitors: Izuku and Shinso.

I was honestly curious on how Shinso would make Izuku talk to him, since his quirk is... interesting. He told me a bit about it during our first encounter, so i was in deep thought about it.

My thoughts soon came to an end when i heard Midnight yell "Start!" Out loud while whipping her whip around.

It was time.

Shinso started to taunt Izuku about Ojiro and gets him to talk, activating his quirk.

The crowd and i watch in horror as Izuku suddenly stood there paralyzed.
'Darn it Izuku! Ojiro literally warned you, you idiot!' I cursed at the boy.

Present Mic attributes this to Shinso's quirk. Aizawa later on comments that the match is an example of why the U. A. entrance exam is flawed; Shinso has a powerful quirk, however, hr was not admitted to the hero course because the practical exam was based on scoring points by fighting robots.

"You're lucky that you've been blessed by such a heroic quirk, Midoriya." Shinso starts.
"Too bad you're going to lose. Turn around and walk out of bounds." He finishes.

Ururaka slightly turned my way and whispered in my ear:"His quirk kind of looks like yours, don't you think?"

I look back at the girl and softly respond;"Yeah, but i don't need people to talk to me for it to work. Plus, mine is a bit more extreme..."

"Ahh, yeah."

We both turn our heads back around to where Izuku was supposed to be, but he wasn't. He was now about a meter away from walking out of bounds.

I silently panic until i saw my father stand in a hallway down below. 'Just what is he doing...' i ask myself while i see him mouthing the words "stop"

Suddenly, everyone got caught off guard when Izuku's fingers lit up and made an small explosion for the boy to get out of the trance.

My face immediately lit up and were the first one to start cheering.
"Way to go Izuku!!! Go you crazy broccoli man!"

The greenette turned around to face me and sent me a small smile back, and continued to stare back at Shinso.

Izuku tries to push Shinso out of bounds, but Shinso then tried to punch him in the face and then at his broken fingers. He tries to push him out of bounds now, but the latter counters with a shoulder throw that sends Shinso out of bounds.

"Gosh! That was so intense!" I sighed, now slumping into my seat. This all was followed by loud cheering once again for Midoriya.

...

...

Izuku was now in Recovery Girl's office. He sat there for a bit in silence until the door quickly opened revealing none other than Y/N and All Might.