Ch22. Fight!

Mina Ashido and Yuga Aoyama duel in the fifth contest

Mina Ashido and Yuga Aoyama duel in the fifth contest. We were all watching intensely at the pair, while I and Midoriya were talking about who would win the battle.

"I vote for Mina!" Ururaka exclaimed while throwing her arms up in the air. Tsuyu nodded in agreement while I also reply in agreement. "B-but! Aoyama could-"

"All I want is for Aoyama to burn Mina's clothes off..." We all heard the familiar voice say behind us, with drool escaping its lips. I noticeably frown at the small child and grumble slightly. "Mineta, please stop. You're freaking everyone out." I said in annoyance.

"You're ruining the fun, Y/N!" He cried back with narrowed eyes staring back at me. The child-boy-thing has been mumbling non-stop to himself about a girl's clothes accidentally falling off during battle, and it annoyed everyone around him too much to the point that they wanted to kick him out.

"And you're ruining your social status by drooling over women beyond your reach, you should focus on becoming a socially acceptable person first then a hero. Idiot." I spat back at the grape-headed boy with slightly pouted lips and furrowed brows. He flinched backward due to my remark and closed his mouth instantly, removing the left-over drool he had.

I smirked and turned my head back around to face the stadium, but felt a slight nudge on my arm. "Thank you for standing up like that for us, he wouldn't stop..." Whispered Ururaka in my ear. "I was simply annoyed at his childish behavior and had to put it to an end. He'd ruin the reputation of class 1-A even more than Bakugo did." I replied while still observing the battle below us.

Yuga gets a stomach ache after shooting off a large beam and Mina uses this opening to melt Yuga's belt and uppercut him. Yuga is knocked unconscious and Mina moves on to the next round.

"Ah, well that settles it then. Mina wins, I told you Deku" I chuckled beside the green-ette, making him blush slightly at the name I called him. "A-ah! Too bad..." He mumbled while burying his face in his notebook, visibly flustered. I of course noticed his flustered state but decided to not question it any further.

The sixth contest begins at once, with Fumikage facing off against Momo. The latter nervously contemplates her strategy, but the fight suddenly begins and Fumikage uses his Dark Shadow to barrage her with a flurry of strikes. She can create a simple shield to block him, but Fumikage focuses his attacks on her shield and pushes her out of bounds, ending the match rather quickly. Momo is disappointed with her loss, believing she never got to show off her skills.

"Woah! Momo sure is pretty powerful! Amazing!" Izuku remarks, scribbling down in his notebook. "Do you really have to put everything in your notebook about everyone?" I smile slightly at the concentrated boy.

But after waiting a few seconds for a reply, I slightly frown when I realized he wouldn't reply any sooner or later. With that, I slightly lean over to Midoriya to take a slight peek in his notebook, not minding the closeness of our faces. 'Wow, he's so busy... Ehe...' I chuckle inwardly.