Chapter 7: Wellston's Core

The Next Day, Sanderson's POV:

- Wellston High -

Stupid.

So.

Fucking.

Stupid.

I was sitting at the cafeteria eating my food ( I had gotten there early. ) And for some ungodly reason, EVERY DAMN KID WAS FIGHTING OVER CHOCOLATE FUCKING CAKE.

It's not even THAT good.

I actually VERY much disliked chocolate and was reminded that when I ate some of my came.

I was sitting alone as usual I preferred to keep it that way. That way I can think.

OK so dad talked about Wellston having a secret power about it making it one of THE most top targets of any organization. Also very high tiers are drawn to this school.

So what is it exactly that attracts rare god tiers and has a secret power in itself? Is it like a core, an engine or something more?

Actually now that I think about, it's weird for the King to sit alone. Even then I'm going out with Fiora in 5 days so why isn't even she sitting with me.

I don't even have a suck up :(

Well that Holden kid looks like a suck up, I want him.

Actually I'm getting off track, nevermind.

I finished my meal and started to head out of the cafeteria.

I tried to be cool about it but also rather quickly.

OK I have 15 minutes! Fifteen minutes to find Wellston's secret power!

Walking around school for a bit I found a random door that lead to an underground stairwell.

Excited I opened it and walked down the several flights of stairs.

Finally! I'll be able to create my own reality! I will be the one and only world KING! Wellston will be my throne and-

It was a parking garage.

A fucking parking garage.

"Damn it!" I shouted.

OK shit where would it ACTUALLY be.

I thought for a minute and I didn't have a clue, by now I had to go back to class.

Unless Wellston didn't have a PHYSICAL secret power, maybe there's an energy attached to it that's it secret power.

But I can't even detect it! My ability is so unstable that my passive doesn't even work!

Maybe that's what Orville made me, to detect the secret power.

Too bad my ability is still in beta stage.

Two hours later, Reese's POV:

School let out! YYEESSS!!!

I have so much planned to do today. Though if I'm being honest a lot has to do with hanging out with Skyla.

Anyways like I said I had a lot planned so I was really looking forward to the rest of the day.

As I was feeling hopeful I looked around and saw Sanderson storming off away from school.

Hm? I wonder what's wrong with him? What could he be mad about? Did the teacher give him a C or something?

"Out of my way!" He shoved me and kept storming off.

"Hey what's your problem?!" I got pissed and hit him with a element pulse.

He flung it away and came at me with an energy blade right at my neck.

"I'll tell you what my problem is. I'm having a bad day today AND you're in my fucking way. So if you like your neck I suggest you stay away from me. Got it?" He walked away and shouted. "GAWD I HATE WOMEN!"

What the? Why is he so aggressive all of a sudden? What could he POSSIBLY be mad about?!

I heard that Sanderson was going to go on a date with Fiora. Maybe she said something to him and that's why he is mad.

I sighed and walked away back to my own dorm, I wasn't really shaken up as I knew Sanderson would actually dare to kill me.

Unless, he does dare to kill me?

Uh oh.

Fiora's POV:

- Wellston Girls Dorms -

Damn it girl! Stop fucking crying! That's all you do lately! You're getting a new life, you are going out with Sanderson you HAVE to forget about him now!

Is it pathetic to be crying in the bathtub?

Maybe.

Who knows anymore.

It's very hard for me to get over his death. I've been crushing on him for a long time and the minute we start dating, he DIES.

yEs I kNoW iTs TeEnAgE rOmAnCe big fuck YOU.

OK OK stop IT you are GOING to get over it RIGHT NOW!

Trembling and with tears on my face I tried to pick up the phone and called Sanderson.

Luckily he did pick up.

"Hey what's up?" He sounded annoyed.

"I know this is going to sound really weird but I need your help right now! Everyone forgot about my dead boyfriend and nobody even cares about me anymore and shit. I'm ranting I'm sorry but I have to get it out!"

I felt like bursting on the phone.

"Um wow OK, I'm sorry." He blankly said.

I tried to pull myself together and I thought of one thing to help get me over it.

"Can we just like start dating now? We can still go on that date but can we please please please just start now?" I wiped my face.

"Um yeah sure, I don't mind.". Sanderson blankly replied.

"T-thank you."

"Eh yeah, no problem." He sighed. "I hope you feel better."

"I just want a hug, but not even my own friends remember or even care."

"Yeah I understand."

He hung up the phone.

Wait why didn't he even say goodbye at least?!

I tried to rationalize that maybe he was just embarrassed or something but I did find it really strange.

Did he not want to start dating now or what? Did I rant too much?!

I got up and looked myself at the mirror. My eyes and face were read and my hair had grew ALOT.

Actually I don't care, I'm not going to cut it right now.