Chapter 28: Phoenix's New Recruit

Emerson's POV:

I'm starting to REALLY hate this Sanderson guy, I know I should be welcoming but GOLLY look what the fuck he has done!

Sanderson and I carried the girls into the infirmary and the female Doctor gladly took them in and began to heal them.

As soon as I closed the infirmary door, I grabbed Sanderson by the collar and yelled. "What the fuck is you're problem?!"

"My problem? Pssh, I should be asking you that."

"I could fucking kill you in 8 seconds FLAT. So stop being a smartass!" I warned.

"Killing me would do me a favor, I just exist to clone two people after all." Sanderson told me.

I gritted me teeth and put him down, I wasn't looking to do him any favors.

"Honestly what is wrong with you?!" I asked very angry at him.

"I'll tell you my damn problem, my purpose is to destroy this damn school to the ground until I find Wellston's secret power. After that I'm basically useless to them, I'm just a clone/hybrid/creation whatever the fuck you call it! I'm going to be tossed away or even KILLED by then eventually, so I might as well make my life worth full to Phoenix!" Sanderson barked.

"Do you even hear yourself?! Just DON'T work for Phoenix! Because of them, you're forced to be a bully, because of them you now have Josh's DNA and have unnatural sexual urges that aren't yours and among several other things!" I explained to him harshly.

I saw Sanderson look at me blankly for a moment, for a minute he looked like he was gazing at me.

Oh gawd PLEASE NO!

"Hmph I guess you got a point." Sanderson sighed. "If I exist now I might as well have a normal life, get an education, a job, a boyfriend-"

"Boyfriend???" I looked at him puzzled.

"I uh." Sanderson froze. "We don't talk about that..."

"Look I don't care about your sexuality, I just care about what you do involving Phoenix." I let a sigh, just wanting all of this to be over.

"So what do you think I should do then?" He asked me scratching his head.

"I still own an old EMBER base with equipment, I can probably get someone with experience to rewrite your DNA and complete your ability. It's gonna take a while and you can't be conscious but I'm sure I can get you genetically modified. It'll be easy since you're already a 'creation' so to speak." I told him what I could do for him. "After that you will be completely removed from any relations from Phoenix."

"Um alright that sounds fine, but who's DNA are you gonna add to rework on mine?" I asked.

"A combination of John's and mine, we're also keeping some of your old code so that way you'll become a much more normal healthy human being instead of this frankinstien. Visit me tomorrow and I'll have something ready by then." I added.

"Alright, sounds good." He shook on it with me.

We parted ways and continued on with our own things.

I headed for my locker to grab some things and head out of school.

I know I can fix him, he's just another literally broken thing. I just need to find someone with lab experience, my own is not sufficient for it.

John's POV, Phoenix HQ:

You're making the right decision, who cares what Sera thinks anymore. She already betrayed you last time cause you wanted to hide you're ability.

I walked into Phoenix Headquarters very nervous, I was allowed in by some guards.

I walked passed a registration desk and got in an escalator. I pressed that highest number on the elevator and went up.

Soon the elevator opened to the highest floor.

I stepped out and walked into a very decorative office.

In there, held Dr. Infinite.

"Hello there John, have you come to announce your decision?" He asked rather immediately.

"Yes sir, I'm going to join Phoenix." I declared.

"Haha good, someone like you is VERY valuable to the team. You will be an asset for us to create the New Reality." He smiled as he said this.

He handed me a large box full of Phoenix branded gear. "In there you'll find the gear you need, communications, spy and other things are provided in there."

"Wait I'm just signing up just like this?" I asked confused. "There's no-"

"This isn't the military John, although Phoenix will be the only military in the New Reality." He said. "However you will have Jack, our head of combat teach you some things you should know."

Jack? Where have I heard that name before?

He pointed me to a blonde haired poorly emo kid, who was sharpening a knife with his finger. He grinned rather grimmly at me.

The fuck? Why does he HAVE to be so creepy?

"John Doe, I'll make sure you know how to be a proper combat agent like me." He grinned. "You'll be taught by the best."

"The VERY best." Infinite chuckled.

I smiled nervously and said "Well if you say so."

"Come along with me, you're training starts now." Jack declared, he signaled me to follow him and I did so.

I was led into a giant white walked room with old blood streaks and several obstacles, dummies, weapons and....other things.

"Don't mind the sex dolls, those are what Josh left before he died and before we merged EMBER and DARKLORD. We forgot to throw them out." Jack told me. "Don't fuck them though."

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE?!

"Alright, we'll start with the basics. The stuff even 12 year olds can do, let alone an 18 year old." Jack began.