Chapter 31: Team

John's POV, Phoenix HQ:

"Not bad!" Jack said as I finished another bit of training.

"Thanks!" I chuckled nervously, still rather shocked of my mission.

As soon as I stopped I heard a lot of people frantically running.

"What's that?!" I asked.

"I uh don't know." Jack said, he and I both stepped outside of our rooms and saw Phoenix doctors pushing a hospital bed into a nearby room.

Wait?! That's Sanderson! He has a huge hole in his abdomen, what happened to him?!

Soon he was lead into an operating room and the door was shut. Out of confusion, I asked Infinite what was going on.

"Sanderson had an encounter with the blue idiot. He's missing a vital organ and now we have to transplant a synthetic one." Infinite recalled. "Doesn't matter anyways, he's still incomplete so I'll have to finish making him powerful most likely now." Infinite said as he walked into the operating room.

Blue idiot? Who's a blue idiot? Can't be Elaine, maybe it's a vigilante?

The Next Day, Emerson's POV. Wellston High:

I arrived at school sad, I mostly stayed away from people and just wanted to be left alone.

I already hated that my personal life was also being taken over as well.

Sanderson was probably in the hospital for the injuries I have done to him. I could have killed him and it would have been probably OK since he isn't even classified as human.

I don't care anymore, I'm VERY much thinking of dropping out.

So after school, I decided just to sit on the bench outside of school and just drift into my mind. Just sit there and think and possibly drown in sadness ( since I do that sometimes. ).

And so I did, I sat there and just looked at the sky, my arm stung from the cutting I had did but it was fine.

Seraphina walked over to me out of no where, she too looked a bit sad ridden. "Is it OK if I sit with you?"

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind." I quickly snapped back into reality.

"I saw what happened between you and Fiora, she left you for Sanderson." Seraphina began. "That's very much unlike her, Sanderson literally tried to rape her."

"Yeah I know, Sans said that he permanently rewritten her memory with Phoenix's memory wiping technology. So now she will forever think that I'M the one who attacked her and Sanderson saved her." I explained.

"Wow that's tough." Seraphina said surprised.

"I guess I'm just really mad that even my personal life, Phoenix is trying to destroy that too. I thought this was over since the water demon incident but guess not. I want to leave Wellston so bad. Fiora was taken from me and I'm so fucking upset over it." I said feeling like I was going to cry.

"Yeah I feel ya."

"Speaking of which, what happened with you and John. I didn't see you guys together anymore." I asked TRYING to change the subject.

"He and I broke up, he joined Phoenix. That's why." She sighed. "I mean I still love him but he chose them over me..."

I slammed an energy bolt into the pavement and yelled. "THAT STUPID ASS FUCKER!!!" I got rageful. "OUT OF ALL THINGS WHY WOULD HE JOIN THEM?!"

"I know, he wanted to help make a better world he said but he's joining a very evil group." Seraphina said. "I honestly doubt his values sometimes."

"I'm going to make sure they all pay, every last fucker." I gritted my teeth. "I can't have my own life, well then they can't have their stupid organization." I got up.

"Well what are you going to do?" She asked. "You're just grieving Em and so am I. Maybe we should just calm down and think this logically."

"I'm the King of logic, but even this is not logical anymore. I'm going to bring them down myself. I'm returning as a vigilante and I'm going to destroy them, no matter what it takes. Even if I die."

"Well if you're going to pursue this, then maybe you should have some aid." She suggested.

"I don't want to put others at harm." I sighed. "Just myself."

"Well at least let me aid you, I'm very bitter about it too. You and me together can bring them down, after all people were after my ability for a long time so it must be of good value."

I looked at her and thought for a minute.

It wouldn't be THAT bad of an idea for her help. I can't control time but she can so maybe her aid would be very valuable.

"That's not a bad idea, alright fine."

"You and me together taking down Phoenix, this sounds fun." Seraphina chuckled.

"It's going to be very hard, you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

"Alright then it's official, we're a team now against Phoenix." I said.

"WELL?! When do we start???" She asked in a fighting mood.

"I'm thinking tonight, I know of a Phoenix base around here. We'll meet at 12:30." I gave the details.

"Sounds good, I'll meet you behind the U-Mart." She added.

"Deal." I smiled. "It's time for revenge against the damn Phoenix bird."