Chapter 23: This Is An Illusion

Emerson looked as if he was going to have a panic attack and we literally had a "strange" foe upon us.

"Hmph, you two think you have destroyed my super computer but you didn't. You just did in my 'reality'" Infinite explained.

This bitch has a lot of nerve...

"What did you do with John?!" I wanted an answer out him.

Infinite raised his hands up and said "Nothing at all miss, he willing joined. I gave him three days to decide if he wanted to join us and he did so!"

"W-why would he?!" I never realized that John would have ACTUALLY WILLINGLY JOIN THEM. I guess John really is who he appears to be.

"Who knows, it's not a bad idea after all. I highly advise you two do the same." Infinite added. "You two would make a cute power couple."

"You'd think fucker, but I'm not dating her." Emerson rolled his eyes.

"Ah that's really a shame." He shook his head. "You should try some time."

"Maybe later but I've got other plans right now!" Emerson trapped Infinite in a sheild.

Infinite smirked and he disappeared, Emerson and I looked up and we saw Infinite standing ontop of a ledge.

"I could keep playing this illusion game but I know you two would find a why to hurt or kill me. I am just a 8.2"

"Huh that's my level as well." I said.

So he can manipulate reality and create illusions, so I'm guessing his ability is Reality Manipulation?

He hopped down from the ledge and continued "After all I'm not much of a fighter anyways, I only got this high just from using my ability for my experiments."

"I could drain your life force, absorb your aura and render you ability less or I could even reuse the energy of your ability as my own. So don't get cocky with me, that's one mistake Josh made." Emerson reminded Infinite of his strength.

"Ha! I know, I created Sanderson after you after all. So I know what you're capable of." Infinite chuckled. "I'm not getting cocky and I'm not even going to fight you for now but I am going to offer something. You stay away from Phoenix and I will stay away from you two's lives."

"Are you going to return Fiora? Are you going to remove Sanderson from Wellston? Define your offer." Emerson said sternly.

"Sanderson, he can be a brat sometimes. He gets that from his DNA father, anyways I can't reverse Fiora, that was something Sanderson did himself fiddling with the Memory Wipe machine. I don't know how he did it so I can't really go back unless I read the specific code." Infinite crossed his arms.

Emerson sighed and said "Well that's a shame, oh well. I didn't want her dating me anyways. I just don't agree with her and Sanderson at all."

Oh wow, not even Infinite can fix it? Is Phoenix's technology really that complex? I really want to know more about this stuff, this seems really interesting...

"Sanderson is not complete, one reason why is that he doesn't have a component in his brain yet to date so knowing him, he's probably going to do something grim with her." Infinite added. "I'm going to have to recall him for further completion."

"Wait so Sanderson is still attending Wellston?" I asked.

"Mhmm." Infinite said "If you don't like it, expect backlash from the full force of Phoenix."

I'm starting to really not like this guy.

I sighed and I looked at Emerson, he still had his ability on active.

"What do you think then?" I asked.

"I- I think we should agree. I'm not mentally or possibly physically capable of having another war like this. I'm fifteen after all." He sighed to himself in defeat.

"Yes, a 17 and a 15 year old. You two should be in school hanging out with friends, not fighting us. I'm glad you have made a decision, I shall be leaving then. I expect you two to do the same or otherwise." Infinite walked out of the room and left.

"C'mon, let's go." He looked at me and signaled me to go.

"You sure about this deal?" I asked him.

"It's the best I can do, all I can do is protect Wellston's secret power and there. The New Reality can't be completed, other than that you all deserve a normal life so I'm going forward with this." He said as we made our way out of the Phoenix communications center and back out of the abandoned Mexican restaurant.

"I guess but now John's gone, I have nobody. Everybody else will live in a strange bliss while we still have this grudge." I explained to him. "We can't!"

"My suggestion to you is, get another boyfriend and forget about John. Continue with your education and prepare yourself for adulthood and also have a social life. Don't mind about this Phoenix stuff anymore." Emerson suggested to me.

"Well, what about you?" I asked.

"My life became pointless when Josh firsted attacked several god tiers at a fake tournament." He smiled. "I have no real life and I will continue it that way, I'll work around this deal and still take down Phoenix."

"Well that's not fair! Why do I get to have a normal life and you still have to struggle?!" I exclaimed. "Can't you like do the same?"

"No, because nobody would like me, what's the point of having a social life when I already have none and I could pursue my education but I do that silently." He looked down and shook his head. "Besides who cares about me anyways, I've got a goal to pursue. I HAVE to take down Phoenix."

"Alright then, stay safe then."

"You two, go be the best version of Seraphina!" He smiled and he waved goodbye.

We parted ways and I headed back to my dorm.

By the time I got back home I just laid in my bed thinking.

WELL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET A NEW BOYFRIEND, HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE AND PURSUE EDUCATION WHEN ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS THIS PHOENIX BULLSHIT!!!