Chapter 34: Rage Against The Machine

Wellston High, Skyla's POV:

I had deep concerns, VERY deep concerns. LIKE WHY THE HELL IS FIORA DATING SANDERSON AGAIN!?!

There were so many things racing in my head that I didn't realize the teacher talking to me. "SKYLA FOR THE FIFTH TIME, PAY ATTENTION!!"

I got startled and I immediately replied "Yes sir."

"I shook my head and I looked at my dark brown and dark violet haired classmate who was too busy flirting with Sanderson. 

Bitch.

I had to stop being in my head for a second and focus on my class before I got yelled at again, by the time class was over I immediately stormed to Emerson and I began "What the hell happened between the two of you!?"

He jumped and went "GoLLY Skyla you scared the shit out of me!"

"I know." I chuckled a little. "But seriously, why is she dating that red faker again? Didn't he try to-"

"Yeah he did, he fucked with her memory and now she hates me." He sighed. "First he tries to ruin Wellston, then he erased everyone's memory of me including yours, he attacks my girlfriend and tries to kill you guys and now this."

"WELL THAT'S SOME SHIT!!" I raised my voice. "I knew she was a bitch."

"It's not her fault however."

"Well she obviously is slutty looking enough to be stolen by you." 

"Uhhhh no she's not? Do you remember everyone called her 'lesbian'? So no not really, it's more of a tactic by Phoenix to hurt me but it won't work." He brushed off. 

"Wait, why doesn't it hurt you?" I asked.

"Several reasons, classified." He sighed to himself and started to walk away.

"Hey you can't just walk away like that!" I chased after him. "You obviously do care and-"

"Fiora is safer not with me, because she was now she had her memory fucked up." He said. "So whoever or whatever 'wants to be with my ugly ass' is making a mistake cause, I'm horrible." He shook his head.

"But that's what love is a part of, you struggle together-"

"Don't you dare tell me how love works." He walked away mad. 

I was flabbergasted by him, I mean sure he is KINDA like that but not to this extreme. Obviously something was wrong enough to hurt him this much. But hey he doesn't care.

"EM I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP!!"

"Save it for someone worthwhile." He continued to walk away. "You're lucky Sklya, very. John and Seraphina are completely broken up, Blyke is constantly looking for someone and never gets it, and you know about Fi and I." He continued. " 9 times out of 10, it never works out. That's why my philosophy is that 'LoVe' is a old dead fairy tale. Enjoy you're time with Reese cause you never know, it may all be worthless..."

Yeah he's upset, he just hides it VERY poorly.

"And what makes you think so?" I asked.

"Two months ago, Wellston City Square, 3:30PM. I died by the hands of a mad 17 year old." He simply explained. "I was revealed that everything in life, was worthless."

He continued to walk away and shook his head. "I'm done with the heart, I'm done. I'll carry on and destroy Phoenix without an ounce of heart, my rage against them is very harsh."

John's POV, Phoenix HQ:

"Back from school I see." My red and white haired boss noted.

"Yes sir, I noticed Sanderson was back at Wellston High." I told him, "You healed him already?"

"Mhmm, you see Sans is not a pure human, he is a modified one. Meaning that it's easy for me to treat him and supplement him with limbs or organs if necessary." He said sipping his coffee. "That's one thing that blue idiot didn't quite understand."

I sat down at my desk and put my backpack on the floor. "Oh that's interesting."

"John, your assignment of killing Emerson will begin tomorrow. I made him think that we'll leave him alone but that is ENTIRELY a lie." He continued. "Your task is to kill him promptly and harvest his ability with this vial." Infinite held up a small device that also held a tiny bottle.

"*sigh* Alright Orville, if it means for a greater Reality." I gave in.

"Good, you may read some documents and your assignment papers for now and prepare for tomorrow. Tomorrow is a big day for us."

"Yes sir."