Chapter 10: Digging Up

The Next Day, John's POV:

- Wellston Boys Dorms -

That Sanderson kid, he's very now what would you say....

...suspicous?

I don't like him at all, he seems like he's up to no good. Especially the way he earned the King title.

It was after school and I didn't have much to do and Seraphina was at a group counseling session for r̷̩͑à̴̰p̵̬͝ë̶͖́ victims. So I'm here all by myself and nothing to do.

I decided to go searching up on the internet, I remembered my dad had bought me a new laptop that I didn't even open yet ( He got it for me six months ago and I forgot. ) so now is the perfect time.

I opened it, turned it on and began surfing the internet. I didn't really do much except watch YouTube and scroll social media. 2 minutes then turned into 2 hours.

Yeah as you can see I am REALLY bored.

Out of curiosity I googled "Phoenix Organization." but I wasn't expecting this though....

Google Search Results:

Phoenix Ability Research And Trade Group - phoenix.org

Phoenix Heat Phone 4, GET YOURS TODAY! - wellsmobile.com

Phoenix University - phoenixuniversity.edu

I have heard several rumors of EMBER and DARKLARD being combined to a single team that works and deals on abilities alone, after Josh had deceased. However I didn't really believe them but after looking this shit up...

THIS HAS GOT TO BE HOAX! NO WAY THIS EXISTS!

Doubting the legitimacy of this web page, I clicked on it and opened the site.

It opened up a page that held a mission statement, pictures, hiring sections and even a wiki page of Phoenix's most important people.

I clicked on the latter section. I didn't bother reading the mission statement, probably some bull like "We help create abilities for the unfortunate born without one."

Another page opened and it showed a list of people, complete with pictures and a description.

I scrolled through, speed reading and not even recognizing ANY of these people. Except for one, one that stood out to me.

Sanderson!? What's he doing here?!

There it was, his picture and everything!

Damn it I knew there was something fishy about him! He works for BASICALLY a resurrection of EMBER!

That explains the Phoenix name now that I think about it.

Great now our entire fucking school is in danger again AND this bitch is basically a clone of Em so guess WHAT? No one is coming to save our butts AND I don't think I could level up quickly in time to stop him!

I began to read the description which read:

Sanderson, Combat General Of Phoenix.

Ability: Energy Manipulation.

Level: 9.9

About: A created being that is code named "Darkness", he was developed in a lab by Dr. Neville Orville to be a super soldier for the Phoenix cause. He was based on the myth that a hero with an Energy type ability once saved Wellston from an aquatic destruction a very long, long time ago. 

OK yep he is basically a clone, but why do they think Em existed like in roman times? I don't know, everyone forgot about him and all existence of him was erased from the internet. Almost as if it were planned? Maybe Phoenix had something to do with this?

I began to realize why Sanderson acted the way he did, he had a goal in mind. Something I don't know about.

The way he treats other people, he never wants to make friends really, he is always alone AND he tried to even kill me.

WAIT A MINUTE! I remember that Sanderson supposedly HATED Fiora and now he is going out with her!? Josh tried to steal her ability not too long ago so what if he is going to do something similar or even WORSE?!

I didn't know what to do in that moment. In fact I don't think I could ever. I'm not as strong and I can't warn people cause nobody will believe me. After all they did forgot the kid who saved their asses!

I hid my head in my hands, I didn't know what I could do. I don't want more chaos again, I don't want to go through this again.

WHY CAN'T I JUST ATTEND HIGH SCHOOL LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!?!?!