Chapter 25: Discussion.

Emerson's POV, Wellston Dockside:

I looked away, I was sitting down on a park bench with Fiora. Our group thing was over and now it was just the two of us.

It was VERY black and dark out, there wasn't much illumination except some from the water.

"Hey Em?" Fiora quietly began.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"What's on your mind right now?" She asked.

"A lot of things really, I just think a lot." I sighed to myself.

She looked at the water ahead of us and said. "I wish I could help you out, you know. You always have a lot on your hand and yet you do it alone."

"I choose to do so alone." I simply explained. "I'd rather die alone than to have a whole team hurt. That's why I was so hard on you wanting to date me."

"But why?" She turned to me. "I'd rather-"

"Cause it's selfish Fiora. I have to do this alone and I can alone." I softly said.

I lit up a small energy ball on my index finger and looked at it. "Especially with Sanderson existing as my faker."

"But I could help you Em, I'm a 9.2 for sure but I am very capable. I'm more capable than MOST people!" She exclaimed.

"You struggled to keep up with me and barely lost against me, none of us could even fight Josh without losing somehow. What were dealing with again is the same as last time, absurdly powerful people and only another absurdly powerful person can even stand a chance." I told her promptly. "This is not some normal evil doer who is like a 5.3, we're dealing with people breaking the max level barrier."

"Emerson in only 0.8 points I believe lower than you, you have to trust me. I CAN help you, please I'll do it. I don't even hesitate." She climbed on top of me and grabbed my shoulders.

I looked at her sad but hopeful eyes and I knew she wanted to contribute.

I can't, I can't be selfish and let her die. I don't want the possibility of death hitting her too!

"Please?"

You can't be selfish in this way either, you're in your head too much. Just stop thinking in general and finish it all.

"Alright fine." I gave in.

I didn't really want to but I could use the help and besides if I don't, she'll keep begging me too.

"If I didn't actually care I wouldn't want to help you." She explained.

"I know, just please stay safe." I begged her.

"I promise, we'll BOTH be alright in the end, no matter what Sanderson, Phoenix, EMBER Spectre bullshit is thrown at us." She grabbed me and placed her head next to mine.

Let's hope so, I want you at least to have a normal high school life.

Phoenix HQ, Sanderson's POV:

I sat in Dr. Orville's lab again, however I was watching him read legal and business paperwork rather than tinker.

"Doc?" I chirped.

"Hm yes?" He continued on reading without even looking up.

"Can you change my DNA, I don't want it anymore..." I sadly looked down. "I hate it."

Orville scoffed. "What nonsense is that??? Why would you hate your DNA?"

"Because I keep getting urges that are not even mine. The other day I tried to rape a girl even though I would have NEVER done that." I explained.

"Oh yeah, Josh did have those urges." Orville remembered.

I really hated for what I was, over time I really disliked what I was created as.

"So can you?" I asked again.

"I can't." He looked up from the paperwork. "You're already here, I can't change you anymore. All I can do is ADD."

"Well maybe you should just create a new Ultimate Life Form cause I'm just a fucking clone of Josh!" I got up and was very upset.

"Patience, no you're not. 90% of your DNA code was borrowed from Josh but I had to rebuild alot of that structure. The other 10% is borrowed from me, however I also had to rewrite a lot of that stuff." Orville explained. "If it were entirely true, you're ability would be Shadow. You're missing that DNA code for example."

"Yeah but I'm still an underlying pervert and a monster!"

"It's old code, it'll eventually wore out and get rewritten of something of your own. Borrowed fractured DNA does not stay the same unlike if you were born with it." Orville explained. "Just do your own thing, only reason you were based on Josh was just so you could even exist."

That got me thinking a little hard for a bit, I sat back down.

My own thing? I still had a goal to tune up my own ability and find Wellston's secret power. I also needed to get an easy position of the hierarchy and work my way up. I also have a large hit list.

But what to do first then? OK let's start with the royal position. My ability is not good enough for the King himself but what about the Jack? I could EASILY wipe the floor with her.

I'll start with that immediately tomorrow.

Then I'll proceed with my hit list and by then my ability would probably have been finalized and I can finally have an epic war with the damn hero.

"OK I do I feel a little better now." I sighed.

"Good, cause we can't have a depressed fighter." He returned reading.

Not much of a father figure anyways.

"One more thing Sanderson, I need a self-powering form of energy to finish rebuilding your ability. So if you can find me that, I can finish it." The doctor also added.

"Oh really? Alright, I'll find some source of energy." I smiled and gave a thumbs up.

I walked out of his lab and immediately started to freak out.

WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET SELF-POWERING ENERGY?!?!