02

Don't forget to vote!

O R A B E L L A

Monica and I were walking towards the meeting room where the rest of the workers were.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"I really don't know... I heard that boss called a meeting for everyone, but I'm not sure what it's about." She spoke out just as we made it into the room.

I followed behind Monica, her sitting with the rest of our friends. I sat beside Ryan who was one of the bartenders.

I've only been here for a few days and I already made a lot of friends. But there are still some girls that try to give me a hard time because I'm new here and all. Monica works as one of the bartenders as well.

I on the other hand am a stripper.

"Well look who decided to show up. I know you missed me last night." He spoke out, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

Ryan was a good looking guy and pretty cool to hang around, but he's not my type. He's a big flirt.

I sighed out in response while Monica and the others laughed at the two of us.

After a few moments both Maddox and Xavier walked into the room, everyone now silent. Xavier and I made eye contact for a brief second before he looked at the others.

I felt myself getting angry the more I looked at him. My father is dead. He killed him.

I don't even know what were his last words nor did I get the chance to say goodbye.

I was then brought out of my thoughts when a hand was placed on top of my own. I looked to see that it was Delilah, Maddox's daughter.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked me softly. I nodded my head slowly. How could I tell her that I wanted her uncle to suffer and feel the pain that I felt everyday?

"Yeah, I'm alright... just a little stressed." I told her. She nodded her head before turning her attention back to the front.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I know many of you are probably wondering why I requested for you to all be here today. And I have a good reason for this." Maddox began, everyone now seeming interested.

"For starters, I will be retiring as of today." He stated. Many were shocked while others didn't look too surprised. I looked over to Delilah who had a blank expression.

"What? So is Mr. Knight going to be running the place now?" A guy named Dillion asked, referring to Xavier.

Xavier then stepped forward, "Unfortunately I will not be in charge. My brother and I will be taking a break from the business so that we can focus more on our family. One of us might come by to check up on things from time to time." He explained.