23

Don't forget to vote!

"Happy New Year's my love" Before he could touch me I moved to the side, sitting on one of the nearby chairs.

"Let's get this over with" I spoke out before glancing at the menu in front of me.

It's been a few days since I've seen Cole, last time being when he stayed at my place. He's been texting me recently just to see if I'm doing well.

Monica left with Lukas a while back, I can't help but wonder what's going on with her.

She told me that she was just getting to know Lukas's parents more but it's been weeks. Shouldn't she be back by now? What about her working at the club?

Cole said Lukas hasn't told him anything but I'm sure of it.

Monica is pregnant.

But why is she hiding it from me? It's so obvious, she would never pass up wine and she's gaining weight. Does she think I'd judge her? There must be a good reason for her to not tell me...

Today is Wednesday... so I'm meeting with Eli, who's my ex and apparently knows about my older brother.

A small frown made its way to his face before he sat in front of me, "You're so mean" He pouted playfully. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Before I tell you anything I need to know something" He then spoke out.

"What?"

"Who was that guy that answered your phone the other night? Is he your new boyfriend?" He asked, catching me off guard.

The only person he could be talking about was Cole. Did Eli try calling me that night? If so, Cole knows about him. But why hasn't he said anything?

"I don't have to answer that because it's none of your business. I can talk to whoever I want, we're not together anymore-" I began.

"You're right. But I want to try again, it's a new year so can we just see where it takes us? I've changed Orabella" Was he serious right now?

"No Eli, we're done for good this time. You dumped me right after we had sex! Who the hell does that?" I spoke out in anger.

"I'm sorry alright? What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" He asked.

"Just tell me what you know about Leo... I didn't come here to reminisce about the past" He then sighed out before pulling out his phone, showing me a picture of someone who looked a lot like my father.

"This is your brother. I first met Leo two years ago at some football game. He seemed like a chill guy, that was until he showed me a few pictures of you and I out in public together. That shit creeped me out.

He told me that he was your brother and I wouldn't have believed him if he didn't look so much like your father... but I didn't give him your number. He would ask me about you, wanting to know what you were like and things like that.

I'm not entirely sure on why he hasn't tried contacting you over the years but he wanted me to give you his number, that way you could contact him whenever you were ready to talk" He explained before sending the number to my phone.

"Well thank you for telling me, I should get going" I spoke out before getting up from the chair, ignoring him as he told me to stay a bit longer.

This is too much.

Why was Leo making this more complicated?

Few Days Later...

"You look beautiful" Cole spoke out as I stepped out of the house.